As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eriba Car

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eriba Car

I have often seen and admired Eriba Caravans on campsites, if we ever go back to "tin tent tugging" I would be tempted to get one but while we were on holiday we saw an Eriba Car, which basically looked like an Eriba Caravan with an engine. I couldn't get a photo as I was driving at the time but I have googled it and found the picture attached.

Has anyone else seen one of these? I don't think there can be many around in this country as it's the first time I have seen one.
    Attached Files
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    I have often seen and admired Eriba Caravans on campsites, if we ever go back to "tin tent tugging" I would be tempted to get one but while we were on holiday we saw an Eriba Car, which basically looked like an Eriba Caravan with an engine. I couldn't get a photo as I was driving at the time but I have googled it and found the picture attached.

Has anyone else seen one of these? I don't think there can be many around in this country as it's the first time I have seen one.
    Hi Graham,
    Erich Bachem,(eriba) does indeed make a range of motor caravans sold through his old chum Erwyn Hymer. But they carry the Eriba trade mark.There are a few over here. they are built using Bachems unique tubular frame, giving strength and lightness and a long working life. the body shell is molded like a romahome. Lovely vehicles. Erich Bachem designed Rockets for the third reich.An interesting couple.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Ian, thanks for that, you are a mine of information!! Is there anything you don't know about?

It certainly looked a lovely little van, maybe we will get an owner on here one day.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        Ian, thanks for that, you are a mine of information!! Is there anything you don't know about?

It certainly looked a lovely little van, maybe we will get an owner on here one day.
        I am not too good on ice skating!
        hohoho

Comment

Hi Graham
          The Eriba caravan certainly has a long life as my one proves it is 34 years old, very light 760 Kg and easy to move by hand when unhooked. It is also wired for 12volt and 230volts

Comment

There was one on E-bay which I was watching when my Frisky popped up and I went for the Frisky. I couldn't afford the Eriba, but it's one I'd look for next time I change.

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
              There was one on E-bay which I was watching when my Frisky popped up and I went for the Frisky. I couldn't afford the Eriba, but it's one I'd look for next time I change.
              I'd rather have your Friskey, Caz!! I know the Eribas are nice, but I think they are really overpriced for what they are.

Comment

Eriba camper van owner

I have a Renault Traffic Eriba camper van, 1990. It's a great van and the third bed has been converted into a wardrobe. I understand there are only seven right-hand drives of these vans in this country - at least that's what the owner of another of these vans told me when we were on the same camp site.

Comment

Originally posted by jane View Post
                  I have a Renault Traffic Eriba camper van, 1990. It's a great van and the third bed has been converted into a wardrobe. I understand there are only seven right-hand drives of these vans in this country - at least that's what the owner of another of these vans told me when we were on the same camp site.
                  We saw one at Cheddar Gorge camp site last year, we thought it was great, had a retro look about it,
                  derek b and Babs

Comment

Hi there new to site, just googled Eriba car and this thread came up. I've owned a 1990 3 berth for 20 months now I love it, they are a tad expensive but are very well built (Hymer) and very reliable. I've seen a couple but only on ebay. There's one on at the moment if your interested!

Comment

Hi Rustiic,
                      First of all a warm welcome to the site, hope you stick around and that you can come and join us 'in person' at a meet...... The Eriba vans look good to me, relatively rare, I think I've seen more renaults about in the UK, is that what you've got?
                      They strike me as really strongly built and distinctive too! Look forward to saying hello one day.
                      All the best
                      Andyvan:so happy:

Comment

Cheers, yes its based on a Renault Trafic 2.5 diesel. Might be a bit big for this site at 19feet though!

Comment

Originally posted by Russtic View Post
                          Cheers, yes its based on a Renault Trafic 2.5 diesel. Might be a bit big for this site at 19feet though!
                          That's only a tiddler, our caravan is longer than that and they won't let us escape from here!!! Welcome to the forum, the 'and friends' applies to you, I can assure you that you will be warmly welcomed to any of the meets!
                          Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

I've seen them too and was very impressed. Can't even afford an eriba let alone an eribacar
                            Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

Quote - Welcome to the forum, the 'and friends' applies to you, I can assure you that you will be warmly welcomed to any of the meets!

Absolutely,hear hear,well said that man!

Dont care what you have you are very welcome

Ian

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X