This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another....

I travel a lot on the M25/M2/M26/M23 etc. daily in the car, and seem to see on a regular basis accidents between foreign lorries and cars. With this in mind I avoid these vehicles like the plague and never run alongside at the same speed, on their blind side. Favourite dodgy spot appears to be coming out the Dartford tolls and jockeying for lanes.Would like to see the accident figures involving these trucks, it must be high. Especially careful in the Romy.
    Just found this one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...-per-cent.html

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 05-08-2010, 18:50.

Interesting report.

The Mway police should certainly be pulling more of them over and demanding to see their documents - although the docs would be foreign as well.

It should be law that something like those lenses mentioned in the report are installed and used.

Sometimes I'm not aware that it's a foreign right-hand drive lorry I'm overtaking.

I saw one once that had come the wrong way. Sat nav must have told him to make a u turn, which he did, right in the middle of an accident blackspot, reversing off a main road, into a small side road, then back out onto the main road. I was walking the dog at the time, and I remember cringing as he carried out this manoever in a HGV Class 1. How he didn't cause a major pile up I just don't know. Perhaps he was wearing a St. Christopher, that's the only thing I can think of which might account for the empty roads, which at that time of day was usually busy. It was really spooky, like the whole world was holding it's breath until he went on his way. It seemed to happen in slow motion as well!

Comment

Scary reading. How they manage to get into the country without proper documents is appalling, there should be more checks at the ports.

Will certainly be taking more notice of who we are alongside as we travel around.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post
        Will certainly be taking more notice of who we are alongside as we travel around.
        Here in Poole there have been some problems with foreign lorries driving on the wrong side of the road. I didn't realise the accident rate with foreign lorries was that bad. (Must make a note - Navigator (Songbird) has another job - watch out for foreign lorries in addition to speed signs)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X