This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bongo

I am always looking for ways to improve my set up in my Bongo and came up with a simple idea for two removeable tables which works well.Basically they are shelf brackets from BQ and cut down cupboard fronts from BQ kitchen range "White Slab".

Dabs

I must say your van looks fantastic Dabs

Comment

Hi Dabs

What a neat job, great idea, certainly improved the set up in your Bongo. Give me food for thought? Thanks......
      Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
      'Live without regrets'

Comment

I have copied the above posts from this thread http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...hread.php?t=57

I thought it was worth putting in the Bongo section for anyone looking at Bongos.

Couldn't do that on the old forum
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Never saw this post on the old forum (must have been asleep!).

What a great innovation, Dabs...

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
            Never saw this post on the old forum (must have been asleep!).

What a great innovation, Dabs...
            Sorry Jayjay I have confused you, it wasn't on the old forum it was on this forum but in a the cars and light van conversions section in Dereks thread about his steering wheel table but I thought I would copy it and put it in the Bongo section.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Its proven to be good practise at this time of year to do some preventative maintenance on the Bongo.Last Winter I had new balljoints and front droplinks done as I knew the originals were starting to demonstrate some wear and tear at the same time I also had new brakes allround and refurbed discs on the rear also having a new set of tyres.It worked out at a few bobsworth but well worth the outlay as I considered it best to pre empt the items that were showing wear rather than wait for a failure.

This year I have had the engine and underneath fully steamcleaned and checked over for coolant hose leaks (always a worry on a Bongo) also discovering a very slight leak on the fuel pump (O rings) in addition to this I am having the rear droplinks done and the roll bar bushes at the same time.The last item again very important to a Bongo is a full wayoyl treatment underneath which should offer good protection for a few years now.The Bongo being an imported vehicle from Japan does tend to suffer once on these shores from our use of salt on the roads in icy weather (the Japanese tend not to do this) hence their vehicles dont have the same amount of detail in the protection in the places you cant see.

My main focus for the winter months will be a redesigned bed set up which should compliment the rear galley conversion that I have fitted,I will post up pics as the project develops.

Parp Parp

Dabs

Comment

What a busy chap you are Dabs, look forward to seeing the pics.
                Graham

Comment

Dabs - lovely looking Bongo!!
                  I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

Comment

Cheers Mary
                    Well thats three Bongos on here now!! We are taking over

Comment

Now I've got my liddle van, I'm looking for something like this, preferably folding out/up, at the side of the sink/cooker unit to use as a work top... Any suggestions?

Comment

Now youve got your liddle van

Do we take it that you intend to go KIPLING! I hear its rudyard - ho ho
                        Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        Now I've got my liddle van, I'm looking for something like this, preferably folding out/up, at the side of the sink/cooker unit to use as a work top... Any suggestions?
                        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Progress is well underway on my new bed set up,no piccies as yet but I am very pleased with the way in which its developing.I managed to obtain some seating foam from a local caravan breaker it could have been made for the job it just needs a little trimming and then onto the upholsterers for a vinyl/leather look clad.The bed box itself has already swallowed all my sleeping bags blankets and other camping must haves which has freed up the floorspace in the Bongo very well.
                          So well pleased at the moment!! I had a real stroke of luck at weekend as I managed to get the Bongo equivalent of the holy grail!! A Bongo walnut dashboard,very very rare item I have now fitted it and it looks the dogs danglers so I did well,again piccies to follow!!

Cheers
                          Dabs

Comment

well knock me sideways witha wet fish....how am I going to keep up with all this?? Got my coolant alarm fitted today...... heater being sorted tomorrow hopefully.....
                            I'd let myself go but I've already gone......:D

Comment

This is the kind of thing we Bongoists of the Northwest get up to at weekends..........we meet up for an affy !!!! We had 22 vans turn up for a chat and a cuppa.......its great!! Oh and guess who the only one was with his roof up......yes you guessed it Meeeee!!!
                              Also pinched someone elses piccy of my new dash!! Love it!! I also have the white dials kit fantastic on a night!!

Dabs

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X