Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bed sIze in a WILDAX CUTIE 4 (MICRO CAMPER)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bed sIze in a WILDAX CUTIE 4 (MICRO CAMPER)?

Hi

Does anyone know the length and width of the single beds in this micro camper? I cannot find this information anywhere. Link on WILDAX website leads nowhere.

Thanks

Ian.

You stirred my curiosity.

This vid from Wildaxe claims 6ft 4 in but doesn't mention width. Which I would suggest is narrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfd1H7Rrj2g

Comment

Originally posted by Dapple View Post
      You stirred my curiosity.

This vid from Wildaxe claims 6ft 4 in but doesn't mention width. Which I would suggest is narrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfd1H7Rrj2g
      Thanks. Surprisingly, I have just read something claiming that its engine produces high CO2 emissions and so it has a high road tax. Use of the stove looks to require a degree of physical flexibility which may be beyond me!

Comment

Originally posted by ianjwinfield View Post
        Thanks. Surprisingly, I have just read something claiming that its engine produces high CO2 emissions and so it has a high road tax. Use of the stove looks to require a degree of physical flexibility which may be beyond me!
        That's some useful information Ian; I keep looking at these little 'vans as a move from folding caravan to camper van, but I wouldn't want to take on something that's highly polluting. I wonder where the opposition sits on the scale? (Nissan Vanette, Suzuki Carry etc).
        Cynthia.

Comment

I think the Wildax Cuites were converted from panel vans so their road tax won't be based on emissions only engine size so that will be £140/year.

Every vehicle has to comply with whichever Euro standards are relevant at the time of manufacturer, so I don't see how they can be any more polluting than any other 1.3 petrol engine.

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDL View Post
            I think the Wildax Cuites were converted from panel vans so their road tax won't be based on emissions only engine size so that will be £140/year.

Every vehicle has to comply with whichever Euro standards are relevant at the time of manufacturer, so I don't see how they can be any more polluting than any other 1.3 petrol engine.

John
            The following link contains the statement 'The Cutie boasts around 200kg of user payload, as well as a 77bhp 1.3-litre petrol engine that should be more than potent enough to cope with its maximum weight of 1573kg. The engine does produce 184g/km of CO2, though, meaning that it will fall into the relatively expensive £215 per annum vehicle tax bracket, with a first-year rate of £325.'

Read more at http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/ne...XmtPgbWEQRK.99

I am no expert in these matters, but I do find it all a bit surprising.

Comment

I think the Practical Motorhome statement is wrong.

The Wildax Cutie was converted from a panel van so is taxed as a commercial vehicle and not based on emissions.

John

Comment

Do not get over excited because for some reason DFSK have ceased importing into the UK. There website is down and a dealer in Carlisle (main agent) says on their website DFSK has pulled out completely.
                No where can I find a statement from the Chinese DFSK saying why what has happened etc.
                If you are looking at Microvan based campers my advice would be stick with Daihatsu or their successor Paggio Porter, (same van different name); or the evergreen Suzuki Super Carry.
                Jon
                Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
                  Do not get over excited because for some reason DFSK have ceased importing into the UK. There website is down and a dealer in Carlisle (main agent) says on their website DFSK has pulled out completely.
                  No where can I find a statement from the Chinese DFSK saying why what has happened etc.
                  If you are looking at Microvan based campers my advice would be stick with Daihatsu or their successor Paggio Porter, (same van different name); or the evergreen Suzuki Super Carry.
                  Jon
                  That is the new Romahome demountable knackered then! The Bailey family have a record of making losers.
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

It may not be a permanent withdrawal. From what i've heard the UK importer has pulled out of the agreement but DFSK are seeking another.

DFSK are owned by Dong Feng Motor, a huge player in the Chinese automotive industry. They also own a significant chunk of the PSA group, which in turn owns Peugeot, Citroen and DS and has just agreed a deal to buy Opel/Vauxhall - at least partly financed with Dong Fengs money. It could well be that DFSK vans will be sold through existing PSA/Vauxhall dealers in the near future. That said the Loadhopper van, on which the Wildaxe is based, was about at the end of its lifecycle and was due to be replaced anyway so it will be a different van that returns to the UK market if it happens.
                    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
                      Jon
                      Not the Nissan Vanette, Jon?
                      Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.C.S View Post
                        The Bailey family have a record of making losers.

That's a bit strong Ian, the Romahome brand has been very successful and has a lot of happy customers on this forum. The Bailey family also read this forum let's not start dissing them.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

My view, FWIW, is that creating a pick-up RH on the DFSK base was a step in the wrong direction for Romahome producing a conversion which had worked in the distant past paying little regard to the fact its customer base is now largely middle-aged/retired and hardly in the market for a pick-up! I have yet to see one on the road and suspect it has not enjoyed the success hoped.

I've been a Romahome fan since the 80's and will remain so. However, I wish its successive company (not sure of current name....) would be a little more pro-active and devise another of its unbeatable practical designs on a widely-available, tried and tested vehicle such as the Berlingo, but without the rear overhang modification and therefore not restricted by ESP. The R10 is good and shows it can be done, but this is too small for many users and has a restricted market.

There is a clear market for 2-berth micro-campers as witnessed by the increasing number of companies producing their own conversions. It is undeniably competitive but the Romahome brand name is strong and I think there is still potential for RH to become market leaders again. You only have to read the eBay and other listings of vans for sale to see the Romahome name being erroneously used to describe small campervans by other converters, with Romahome almost synonymous with mini-motorhomes just as Hoover has become to vacuum cleaners.

Sadly, my impression is of a loss of interest in the market but I hope I am wrong and that there may be a new and innovative Romahome model launched for its dedicated and loyal current and future customers. It isn't too late.... (RH successors... are you listening? Hint.... Please..... )

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                            Not the Nissan Vanette, Jon?
                            Cynthia
                            The Vanette has been out of production for a long time now Cynthia. I think the last ones were made in 2002/03

Likewise Daihatsu and Piaggio offerings are no longer officially available in this country, although grey imports are possible.
                            Last edited by Rob B; 29-03-2017, 04:01 PM.
                            Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                              My view, FWIW, is that creating a pick-up RH on the DFSK base was a step in the wrong direction for Romahome producing a conversion which had worked in the distant past paying little regard to the fact its customer base is now largely middle-aged/retired and hardly in the market for a pick-up! I have yet to see one on the road and suspect it has not enjoyed the success hoped.

I've been a Romahome fan since the 80's and will remain so. However, I wish its successive company (not sure of current name....) would be a little more pro-active and devise another of its unbeatable practical designs on a widely-available, tried and tested vehicle such as the Berlingo, but without the rear overhang modification and therefore not restricted by ESP. The R10 is good and shows it can be done, but this is too small for many users and has a restricted market.

There is a clear market for 2-berth micro-campers as witnessed by the increasing number of companies producing their own conversions. It is undeniably competitive but the Romahome brand name is strong and I think there is still potential for RH to become market leaders again. You only have to read the eBay and other listings of vans for sale to see the Romahome name being erroneously used to describe small campervans by other converters, with Romahome almost synonymous with mini-motorhomes just as Hoover has become to vacuum cleaners.

Sadly, my impression is of a loss of interest in the market but I hope I am wrong and that there may be a new and innovative Romahome model launched for its dedicated and loyal current and future customers. It isn't too late.... (RH successors... are you listening? Hint.... Please..... )
                              I was interested in what you wrote, although I would disagree with you in some areas - and at times I did not understand what you wanted.

In your opinion should RH be building mid to medium size conversions? Entering into competition with many other converters - Auto Sleeper, Triago etc. Or should they be primarily aiming at the micro-camper market - you state it is clearly a growing market. If this is where RH should be aiming then is not a new demountable model a good idea? The small demountable is a product unique to RH - it has a lot of marketing USPs.

The DFSK was to be on the 4 seater big cab - lots more room and not just a 2 seater (a drawback for some of the small pick-ups. Personally (being a bit anti-social a plus point) Hopefully Rob is correct and the DFSK will reappear and with it the RH demountable.

If anything I believe RH should do more work on the jacking system for removal. Most other demountables - NorthStar SunSeeker have a better jacking system for body removal. That said DD seems to have it sussed.

The demountable brings a lot of advantages to the builder - no type approval etc - there are the advantages of having USPs which the competition does not have.

A final point driving the pick-up in the winter time - in your big van conversion warming up takes ages as you have a lot of air to heat - the pick-up cab is warm in no time - shortly after we are considering wether or not to open a window. I'll have my pick-up based camper over a van conversion any time. BTW I am no spring chicken at 68 nearly 69 and my partner Sandra is 4 years older.

Jon
                              Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X