This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbies to Motorhoming

Just got our new motorhome .. a trigano Tribby and been looking at all MH sites .. but i am confused .. it says on them to use motorhome stations at sites .. help please what are they talking about .. the pics show a drain in the ground ,, i thought we had to walk to emptying places.. sorry if we seem foolish..

Hi, welcome to the forum. Firstly, no questions is foolish, we were all new to this once upon a time!!

The Motorhome service point generally is an area where mh's can drive upto to fill the on board water tank and empty the on board waste water. So, it's a tap and a drive over drain. You will find that the standards and accessibility vary, the sites owned by the 2 big caravanning clubs are usually very good, private site sometimes are less so.

I have no idea what the tribby has regarding water, our first romahome didn't have on onboard fresh or waste water - just a removable jerry can for both, whereas our current van has both onboard but being a continental built mh we find the service points are often on the wrong side for our vehicle.

If you have problems during your first visit to a site, just ask the warden or another mh'er.

Enjoy your new van, and ask away with any questions you have, however daft they seem !!
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Goodmorning and welcome, Glen has said exactly what I was going to say,there are no foolish questions,we all began like you,so ask away,there is a vast fund of practical knowledge here,and you are welcome to it.
      look forward to meeting you someday.
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi lynnandrick

Wecome to our forum, as Glen says if your van has an on board waste tank then you can just drive to the motorhome service point and empty it down the drain, however if you haven't then the waste will just come straight out the van so you need a container to catch the waste and then walk with it to the emptying point. Some people have a trolley to put the container on as it can be heavy or you can get dedicated waste containers with wheels like WASTEMASTER or AQUAROLL

Ask all the questions you like, it's so confusing when you start out but don't worry you will soon be an expert and helping others.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

newbies to Motorhoming

Hi lynandrick
          Welcome to the forum, with things changeing all the time it's a learning curve for us all, enjoy your van and the folks you meet on here, happy camping, hope to see you arround.
          Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
          'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            Goodmorning and welcome, Glen has said exactly what I was going to say,there are no foolish questions,we all began like you,so ask away,there is a vast fund of practical knowledge here,and you are welcome to it.
            look forward to meeting you someday.
            Ian
            Hiya!

Comment

Hi lynandrick

Thanks for asking the question - it has helped us newbies!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X