Wingamm motorhomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wingamm motorhomes

I don't think anyone here has a Wingamm, do they?
    Does anyone know anyone who has a Wingamm?
    Seems to me they might be the new Romahome. They are built with a one piece moulded fibreglass body with 30mm thick walls, with fibreglass on both sides of the 30mm insulation, and with a 40mm floor with under floor heating. I saw them at a NEC show - I think it was last October?
    They seem to cost a bit more than average but I guess Romahomes did as well. I'll send for the catalogue. The only dealer in the UK is in Edinburgh so far as I know.
    Apart from the one piece fibreglass body and floor, another thing I like is the fact that they are the same width as the cab body. So they are the same width as a panel van but have far more room inside without that tunnel squashed feeling, and of course far better insulation.
    Andrew
    If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Mark ch3 v24

Look interesting Andrew but IMHO their website, like so many modern websites makes it impossible to see at a glance the features and specs of the vans. No wonder you want a catalog - let's hope that is more traditional in its approach to presenting information.

Comment

You are dead right Brian. It would appear that Wingamm don't offer the dealer any web design. The actual Wingamm web site from Italy is a lot better:
      http://www.wingamm.com/en/motorhome/city-suite/
      This City Suite is the one I was thinking of, where for one thing the chassis is Fiat and therefore several thousand pounds cheaper than a VW, and the fibreglass body is the same width as the cab, and surprisingly continues the shape and mould of the cab doors. I don't like the 'City Suite' logo on the side though, nor the black and white ("distressed" they call it) door facings inside. I am pretty sue you can get a couple of more normal interiors though.
      Another thing I like about them is that the dealer hires them out, so you can try before you buy. I looked at the Carthago web site where it says you can hire one, so I contacted the nearest dealer and they replied that they don't and neither do any of the other Carthago dealers in the UK hire them. So a yah boo to the Carthago web site. I think they seem to be the best of the pvcs though. I wouldn't buy a panel van without trying it first, we might feel it too cramped and regret it.

Comment

I entered a competition on Facebook to win a weeks rental of one of these vans, I entered from our Small Motorhome Facebook page, you had to like and share the page and state why you wanted to rent it, I said I wanted to do a review so that I could tell all our members and readers of the website all about it.

They did reply with something like "I like your style" but sadly I didn't win. I suspect it was one of those competitions that no one actually wins they just want likes and shares.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Saw one of their caravans at the NEC a few years ago. One piece body and all the facilities required for two and I think came in at under 1000kg. Sadly the shape and design of the outside made it look like a horsebox trailer. I think they made a motorhome on a VW T5 with a drop down bed a few years back.
          Shame Autosleeper never continued with their monocoque bodywork.

Comment

The manufacturer's web site shown above has lots of information on all the models. They use Fiat, VW and Mercedes bases, and do micro campers at just over 5 metres long, up to big things that cost over £70,000. I've just had a good look at the pictures of the interiors and there are several I find very attractive. I also looked at the prices of them in Europland thinking if they were say £5000 cheaper it might be worth popping over and buying one there, but it seems the euro prices are pretty similar to our pound prices. Of course if Scotland goes independent and rejoins Euromuggers then they will put the prices up.

Does anyone want to start a Wingamm dealership in England?
            We'll employ Jim as Chief Mechanic, Graham as Senior Publicist, Pauline as Chief dolly-bird Sales Lady - er who else would fill a role? Talking of roles, I could make the bacon roles.
            Volunteers wanted for positions in the England Wingamm Dealership

Comment

I hadn't heard of this company before but i do like the look of the rookie caravan. I could definitely see Vicki and I touring with something like that once the kids are grown up.
              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

And like Rominis Rob, they won't deteriorate. Buy one now and your kids will be thanking you, using it in 30 years time.
                Wouldn't you think that was good value for money?
                Perhaps they are one of those rare things like a 1960 Hoover that still works now, or like my 1995 Miele washing machine that still works and has never gone wrong. They are more expensive than the other offerings of the time, but thirty years later when you have forgotten how much they cost, they are still working. It's an interesting game, trying to spot things on sale that are above average in quality.

Shame about the base vehicle of the motorhomes though, there is no way they will last 30 years.

. . . . . I'd better get the caravan then.

Oh and by the way Rob, and others who haven't heard of them, they were at the NEC show last ?October was it? Their stand had queues to see the caravans and motorhomes, quite unlike all the other stands where you could just walk up and look at whatever you wanted. We should have bought one then, I think they were a bit cheaper. Ho Hum.

Comment

No doubt it would be a good investment but there is the slight issue of having no money to buy one with!
                  Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post
                    No doubt it would be a good investment but there is the slight issue of having no money to buy one with!
                    Don't confuse the issue with facts.
                    Having no money doesn't seem to bother people with £20,000 on their credit cards.

Comment