Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mezan

To all fellow Mazan owners
    Does your back door window open ? ours looks like it should but has what looks like factory fitted stops fitted. If its not meant to open why fit a flyscreen? Just curious.

Welcome to the forum.

Ian and Sue have a Mezan, hopefully they will be along soon to help with your question.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

You can also shop online at our Accessories Store

Comment

The window blinds are a cassette that comes with a flyscreen, agreed it is functionless apart from holding the blind in the up position.The windows are not meant to open as a security measure.You can buy swivel catches from Amazon and change them if you wish.

Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by talos View Post
        To all fellow Mazan owners
        Does your back door window open ? ours looks like it should but has what looks like factory fitted stops fitted. If its not meant to open why fit a flyscreen? Just curious.
        I've been wondering the same thing, to the point that I am going to order a couple of window struts off the internet to get it to open. I think the extra bit of ventilation at the back would be advantagous especially when cooking breakfast when it is raining (most of the time at the moment!).

Changing the subject slightly, the previous owner of our Mezan fitted a 'C' rail across the back of the lift up roof. This was probably for some sort of sun blind, has anyone else got one or come across this that can give me some idea of what could be fitted? I really like the idea of a canopy of some kind but I'm short of ideas at the moment

Comment

There is an R20 Hylo owner who fitted a similar rail which he used to fasten the flap of his awning to the van. He rigged up quite an ingenious system, involving sucker clamps holding the sides of the awning firmly to the campervan.

I can't remember his name (Mike?). He has a partner called Delia and he plays the keyboard eg at the Romaclub rallies.

About the window in the rear door, I agree it would be very useful if it opened, especially when cooking, but have settled for opening the door as and when the van becomes too stuffy / full of steam when cooking. But then we usually have an awning attached so there is no risk of the rain coming in.

BTW We have a Khyam quick erect awning which is very easy to put up and which has the potential for one wall to be propped up in a raised position should you wish to sit under a sun canopy. It is similar to this: https://www.khyam.co.uk/driveaway-aw...ect-awning-p26

Carpe diem!

Comment

His name is Michael Martin - I THINK he is a forum member as well as a member of the romaclub, but am uncertain. Jill (Sidick) might know.
            Carpe diem!

Comment

Correct Sue, he comes from the I of .W

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post
                His name is Michael Martin - I THINK he is a forum member as well as a member of the romaclub, but am uncertain. Jill (Sidick) might know.
                Oh yes, I remember Michael, last time we met was at the forum's 10th anniversary rally.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only

Collapse
                Working...
                X