As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyres

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyres

Scary that you can put your reg in and it knows the vehicle, however the pressures shown on my van are incorrect.

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/tyre-pressure.asp

Tony Anchorman

In my case, it knows the van and the tyres fitted, but hasn't got a clue what the pressures should be...front and back are blank.
    Neil

Comment

Hi Tony

The pressures are wrong because the site does not recognise that the vehicle is a motorhome it thinks that it is a van.

Peter

Comment

Well it recognised mine as a motorhome and knew the colour! but alas doesn't give pressures at all! Strange as I would have thought a Nissan Serena would have been on their list......
        All the best
        Andyvan

Comment

There are so many different Motorhomes built on van chassis' where weight and weight bias will vary that it is probably naive to expect every variation to be catered for on a commercial site.
          My car is recognised, but only by the registration. With different size wheels and tyres and a non-standard body I would not expect to find the pressures listed. Nor has any "expert" ever been near with a guess.
          There is a very simple "chalk test" to check for optimum pressures if in doubt.

Normally laden. Draw a chalk line across the tyre tread and roll the vehicle forward two or three wheel rotations on a good flat level surface.
          If the chalk mark scuffs off in the centre the tyre is over-inflated. If it wears off on the tread edges it is under-inflated. Correct inflation will be when the line wears off evenly across the tread.
          AND - IT WORKS.
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Jim's method is spot on I have used it with Landrovers in the past.

The alternative is to load your van and go to a weighbridge to have both axles weighed. (Perhaps we should all do this to check that we are not overloaded.) Next ring your tyre manufacturer with the weights and they should be able to give you the correct pressures.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
              Jim's method is spot on I have used it with Landrovers in the past.

The alternative is to load your van and go to a weighbridge to have both axles weighed. (Perhaps we should all do this to check that we are not overloaded.) Next ring your tyre manufacturer with the weights and they should be able to give you the correct pressures.

Peter
              #

Thanks Peter, you did highlight two omissions in my post. That each axle will probably need a different pressure. Also that two similar motorhomes may be very differently "fully laden" (and perhaps dangerously!).
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X