waxoil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waxoil

if you want your vehicle waxoiled, and you don't want to get smothered in it, this maybe of help. chap in Halstead Essex will remove grommets and steam clean inside sills and all underside. applies two coats of waxoil. new vehicle £120 or £140 if older. tells me he lets vehicle dry out before application. any interest ring Danny 07900614191.

That's interesting doog, as most firms charge around £600, and won't do older vehicles.

Comment

We did deal with our Romahome dealer for exchanging our old car (which although road worthy and a bloody good runner but which had quite a few dents and bumps on it - although virtually rust free that we could see) for a waxoil treatment.

Although there was a bit of a waxoil smell when we picked Rosa up I've never been 100% certain that the job was done. Just a lack of trust of the wheeler dealer I suppose

Comment

the chap I spoke to who did this said he's quite prepared to have you watch the process Sandra. Emmerson, that's the reason I put this up.. if its a bit of a failure, well I'm not risking a fortune or a bad back and a plastered shirt!

Comment

well I've booked the jalopy in for Monday. will let you know if it was worth it. just got to try and get across the BRIDGE before everybody wakes up!

Comment

I Waxoiled my Renault Trafic by hand a paint brush and inginuity afterwards I had to chuck my overalls and it took me nearly as long to get clean - Horrible stuff to use! But good After the Clockwork Orange has had its nose job later this month I will have to do the same again - I'll probably use a garden sprayer - the chassis of a pick-up is far easier than a panel van only a fiddly bit around the cab area. (Essex for Waxoil is too far)
            Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Yes, Waxoil is wonderful stuff and the difference in doing it yourself and having it done professionally will more than cover the cost of replacing your best suit. But bear in mind that with an older vehicle the tinworm is always pretty well established. That means that there will be a certain amount of rot present in the metal before Waxoil is applied and may turn your vehicle into lace curtains later. Ever since Waxoil came on the market I have been wary of welding wherever Waxoil has been used in the past for fear of starting a fire. It's never happened but.......

Comment

But i do believe Waxoyl has an inhibitor in it which works on rust, as long as its not to severe. I did my Range Rover when it was 16 years old, and "top it up" every Autumn, and there's very little sign of further corrosion eight years later.
                I agree it's a very unpleasant job but worth while, and somehow very satisfying to do!

Comment

Just put my NV 200 camper through it's mot today, passed with comment, brake pipes could not be examined due to underseal (waxoil).Hmmm wonder what that is leading up to?

B

Comment

MOT testers don't like getting their hands dirty so if it's blathered in something nasty and sticky they don't like touching it. Of course, if it's something very suspicious he may ask you to clean it off and bring it back for him to see properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodach View Post
                      Just put my NV 200 camper through it's mot today, passed with comment, brake pipes could not be examined due to underseal (waxoil).Hmmm wonder what that is leading up to?

B
                      It means nothing - it is only a "cover" for the tester. They are not allowed to remove bits so you find the same comment if the vehicle has a (touring car type "BoyRacer") bodykit that prevents the tester seeing brake pipes or even the sills.
                      The purpose of the comment is - say you had been "naughty" and known the brake pipes were corroded so you waxoiled them - then within 3 months the vehicles brakes fail and afterwards a ministry tester looks at the vehicle - the MOT tester and test station cannot be held to account for the pass!
                      In other words "covering the testers ass!!!"
                      Jon
                      Amor omnia vincit et nos cedamus amori

Comment

Thanks for the information, just like a house survey roof examined with the aid of a pair of binoculars.

B.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X