X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jakmarie
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham View Post
    We had quite a long discussion on the old forum about this very subject and I have managed to locate it.

SEE HERE
    Cheers for that Graham and Merry Xmas to You and Pauline

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    We had quite a long discussion on the old forum about this very subject and I have managed to locate it.

SEE HERE

Leave a comment:

• Jakmarie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shubberdog View Post
    We used to be members of both clubs but due to now having limited funds we have had to find ways to economise and one club had to go. When making my mind up as to which, the age discount given by the C&CC was the deciding factor if you are over 55 you get a 30% discount as long as you don’t go in the high season, this brings the fee down to around £8 for two people per night on a non electric pitch.
    That is really good for over 55's ! THANKS

Leave a comment:

• Shubberdog
    replied
    We used to be members of both clubs but due to now having limited funds we have had to find ways to economise and one club had to go. When making my mind up as to which, the age discount given by the C&CC was the deciding factor if you are over 55 you get a 30% discount as long as you don’t go in the high season, this brings the fee down to around £8 for two people per night on a non electric pitch.

Leave a comment:

• Jakmarie
    replied
    Charge Per Person

Originally posted by karenw View Post
    I rarely use sites but am a member of the C&CC. The C&CC charges per person whereas the CC charge per pitch on the assumption that there are several people within each unit and this become expensive for a solo-camper.

I've used several C&CC sites and found the wardens go out of their way to help - on two occasions when I arrived (without booking) they managed to find a space for me and on a third I was allowed to park on the lane outside yet have full access to their facilities and no charge was made.
    The Charge Per Person is Useful Info THANKS

Leave a comment:

• karenw
    replied
    I rarely use sites but am a member of the C&CC. The C&CC charges per person whereas the CC charge per pitch on the assumption that there are several people within each unit and this become expensive for a solo-camper.

I've used several C&CC sites and found the wardens go out of their way to help - on two occasions when I arrived (without booking) they managed to find a space for me and on a third I was allowed to park on the lane outside yet have full access to their facilities and no charge was made.

Leave a comment:

• anchorman
    replied
    Aggsnrog

Popped into Vicarious Books Folkestone and bought the ACSI (£11.50).
    There is a card in the cover which you fill in with your details and present at reception, apart from paying your 11,13 or 15 Euros a night that is all you pay. Provided it is out of season, generally before around early July to Late August early Sept. EHU is in the price as are the showers.
    What is really good is, load up Google Earth and punch in the given GPS co-ordinates to see the campsites and I have found that if Street View is on the adjacent roads, you can actually see the entrances to the sites.
    It's quite addictive when you get going.
    Sad or what?

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 22-12-2009, 09:59.

Leave a comment:

• aggsnrog
    replied
    I was impressed with the ASCI idea, but could not work out quite what to do. I think it was a mention in the C&CC mag.

Do you get a card with the handbook? Or is there a separate subscription to be paid?

Edit: PS The C&CC is unbeatable value in low and mid season for 0ver-55's

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    We use both, we like Camping and Caravan Club because you are more likely to get a space at short notice, whereas the Caravan Club don't take a deposit when booking on line so the sites tend to get booked up in advance.

Having said that the Caravan Club's CL's are excellent, so as I say we tend to use both so we have more choice.

Whichever you choose you will find the facilities are absolutely spotless and generally any problems on site are sorted out by the friendly wardens.

Leave a comment:

• anchorman
    started a topic Which Club?

Which Club?

Got France stopovers, ACSI etc sorted for 2010, need to now do UK.
    Do we join Caravan Club, Camping and Caravanning Club, or both? What does everyone out there use?
    Ta

Tony Anchorman

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X