This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear last night

did anyone see Top Gear last night. I usually don't watch it. Did I not get the joke about making your own motorhome. I was initially interested (that's why I didn't switch channels). I thought it was going to be a serious conversion. How wrong I was. Would those things actually be allowed on the road. If it was a joke I didn't get it. any comments.

Pam

Top Gear

Hi Pam,
    Jeremy Clarkson & Co are all against people who have caravans/mobile homes,anytime i watch it all i see are caravans being wrecked by some form or another,last one i watched was a motor home derby,with various campers driving on a circular track wrecking each others campers,i don`t think they would ever try to convert any vehicle to make it inhabitable for the likes of us who are genuinely wanting to have our holidays away.
    Answer to your question, the joke is on us we pay for a tv licence for these guys to have fun wrecking cars..

Billy

Comment

top gear

Originally posted by Wanderer101 View Post
      Hi Pam,
      Jeremy Clarkson & Co are all against people who have caravans/mobile homes,anytime i watch it all i see are caravans being wrecked by some form or another,last one i watched was a motor home derby,with various campers driving on a circular track wrecking each others campers,i don`t think they would ever try to convert any vehicle to make it inhabitable for the likes of us who are genuinely wanting to have our holidays away.
      Answer to your question, the joke is on us we pay for a tv licence for these guys to have fun wrecking cars..

Billy
      It's been at least 15 years since I watched Top Gear and apart from a slight format change nothing much HAS changed. from a woman's point of view, I see 3 grown men acting like professional 12 year olds(no insult to 12 year olds intended). Test driving cars that your average motorist could only dream of owning. they really have their finger on the pulse of where the general public are coming from. Yeah, not much has changed.

Rant over

Comment

Yeah! But it is a bit hypocritical. Hammond was raving in last weekend's Daily Mirror (I think), about the best holiday he has ever had - IN A VW CAMPER!
        He even says he is buying a NEW Argentinian produced one.
        Making money both ways?
        I do very much agree about the programme being childish and mainly about cars we will probably never see, much less own. Trouble is. I DO own a tele. and I am often compelled to turn it off.
        It puzzles me that someone like James May, who has introduced some wonderful programmes of great interest and humour even wants to be part of Top Gear. Money again?
        As for the other one?????????????????????
        I think this link should bring it up.
        http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/trave...5875-23094989/
        Jim.
        Last edited by Twolitre; 08-05-2011, 15:04. Reason: Add link.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

top gear

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
          Yeah! But it is a bit hypocritical. Hammond was raving in last weekend's Daily Mirror (I think), about the best holiday he has ever had - IN A VW CAMPER!
          Making money both ways?
          I do very much agree about the programme being childish and mainly about cars we will probably never see, much less own. Trouble is. I DO own a tele. and I am often compelled to turn it off.
          It puzzles me that someone like James May, who has introduced some wonderful programmes of great interest and humour even wants to be part of Top Gear. Money again?
          Jim.
          Jim did you see my reply about the 3 berth Romini (window) and the Romahome awning on ebay

Pam

Comment

top gear

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
            Making money both ways?
            I think this link should bring it up.
            http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/trave...5875-23094989/
            Jim.
            Just read the link Jim. there must be 2 Richard Hammond's. Because the one who spent a holiday in a VW certainly didn't come across as the Richard Hammond, taking the mick the other night. The things people do for money eh. Wonder if the article was written before or after the Top Gear programme

Pam

Comment

Originally posted by Pam Park View Post
              ....... Wonder if the article was written before or after the Top Gear programme

Pam
              Must have been after the programme by the date (Easter). I did not see the Top Gear programme and can only guess what was done.

I think I'll look the prog. up on iPlayer.
              Jim.

Hah! Did that. Surprised to find it was a repeat of an episode made ages ago.
              Just like ages ago, I did not watch after the stupid things made an appearance. Anticipating that like their amphibious vehicle conversions they would not work.
              By the way in the amphibious program Hammond supposedly converted a van. A magazine showed a photo of the vehicle in a workshop somewhere being built/converted by other people. It still did not work!
              Last edited by Twolitre; 08-05-2011, 16:55. Reason: continuation!

Comment

Before old Clarkey was on Top Gear, it was a good informative programme that I enjoyed watching. A few of this new format and I gave up watching, even my son has now stopped watching as it is so childish and predictable.

Comment

I quite enjoy TG these days, although there are some bad episodes. It's all tongue in cheek stuff, and the motorhome one, IMHO, was hilarious.
                  Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by zaphod View Post
                    I quite enjoy TG these days, although there are some bad episodes. It's all tongue in cheek stuff, and the motorhome one, IMHO, was hilarious.
                    You just made me realise! My car carries a "TG" badge on the back. I put it there as a joke which could mean Triumph Gentry as registered, or the MG TG successor to the (1950s) MG TF which they never produced.
                    Now you have introduced a third suggestion! I think it is going to come off! After 27 years.
                    Jim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X