As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing motorhome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing motorhome

Hi Just got back from the Newbury show, where I part exchanged my Mk1 Dimension for a Nu Veture Surf it's a year older & quite a high milage but the PX price on mine was good & I'm getting 6mnts tax Mot full service & a TV aerial thown in it seems that they had a customer who wanted a Dimension hence the deal in fact when I traded my Outlook in for the Dimension I had a good deal. I know it seem strange going for a smaller type but the wife has to do all the driving at the moment & she finds it a strain with the width up narrow lanes.And at the time the toilet layout on the Dimension was handy, & now the venture has a seperate one. The only downside we can think of is that the fridge is alot smaller, still we will have too live with that.
    Pete.

Hi Pete

Congrats on your new purchase, it sounds like you got a good deal, I look forward to seeing some pictures of your new "baby".

Shame the fridge is smaller I'm not sure that would suit me I would have less room for my beer. Pauline already complains that there is no room for food but I tell her it's a case of priorities.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by peteadams67 View Post
      Hi Just got back from the Newbury show, where I part exchanged my Mk1 Dimension for a Nu Veture Surf it's a year older & quite a high milage but the PX price on mine was good & I'm getting 6mnts tax Mot full service & a TV aerial thown in it seems that they had a customer who wanted a Dimension hence the deal in fact when I traded my Outlook in for the Dimension I had a good deal. I know it seem strange going for a smaller type but the wife has to do all the driving at the moment & she finds it a strain with the width up narrow lanes.And at the time the toilet layout on the Dimension was handy, & now the venture has a seperate one. The only downside we can think of is that the fridge is alot smaller, still we will have too live with that.
      Pete.
      Get a hard sided 12V/240V coolbox to back up the fridge,you can use it as a stool.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Changing van

We decided not too go ahead with the part exchange at leastat the moment,
        last Fri we was going too the Newbury show then on too Devizes but the van packed up about 2mile from home so had too call the break down out, but went too the show on the Sat. thats when I paid the deposit on the PX but after we got home we had a good think about it & decided it may not be suitable so I sent a E-mail of too Dolphins hoping too cancel the contract but at he moment it's a no go they reckon they have taken a deposit of of sombody for mine & being that they put a sold sign in the other van they lost 11/2 days sale so I don't know how I stand at the moment.

Then this morning the garage phoned & said the van had been broken into,
        the rear door lock had been pushed in 2 catches on the O/S window broken,
        the leisure battery stolen + a portable combo tv, they broke a key of in one of the safe locks then forced open twisting the frame and bending the door we had tins of food in there which they never took.

I had 2 sleeping bags in the luton + 2 liners, the funny thing is that in the toilet there was a oilfilled heater volt meter cables & in another locker the power supply for the TV these were ignored it's a good thing the key too the gas locker wasn't in the van. I forgot too mention they tore the CCTV of the wall before they started my van was in line with it.

I've contacted the ins.com. & they said they will send a cheque for the belongings trouble is I can't get the same type of TV so will have phone & update the claim.
        From a very unhappy bunny
        Cheers Pete
        Last edited by peteadams67; 23-05-2011, 22:49.

Comment

Oh Peter.... it does not rain but it pours.

Having the van broken into is horrible. I do hope things improve for you soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear of all this Peter, regarding your deposit I would take legal advise about that, try Citizen's Advice Bureau I would have thought a reputable dealer would let you have your deposit back and given the other party their deposit back too, one and half days isn't long to change your mind.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
              Sorry to hear of all this Peter, regarding your deposit I would take legal advise about that, try Citizen's Advice Bureau I would have thought a reputable dealer would let you have your deposit back and given the other party their deposit back too, one and half days isn't long to change your mind.
              I thought the same thing. A deposit isn't a legal contract and I don't think you can be held to it. What Graham said - contact the CA. Sorry to hear about your van getting broken into, I hope you'll be able to replace all your belongings - don't forget you can claim another cheque to repair any damage to the locks and security features.

Comment

Change of van

Yes I did go to CAB yesterday & got a bit of advise but it appears that it's in a black hole area I expecting a call from the dealer today so keeping fingers crossed, as far as belongings go I contacted the ins.Co.yesterday gave them a list + prices & a cheque is on the way then I found I couldn't get a TV of the same spec. & price as before so I gave them a call this morning & there's another cheque too make up the difference so things look a bit more rosey,
                I also phoned Romahome regarding the catches & it's what I thought a complete window change I have too check with Ant about that.
                Thanks for all your best wishes
                Pete

Comment

I think you get a "cooling off period" with any purchase like that. I think its a legal requirement Peter. Dont let them push you , if you have changed your mind then stick to your guns. Good luck.

Comment

Pete, what rotten luck, there are unfortunately some people out there determined to enjoy themselves at our expense. It's a terrible thing to happen and I commiserate. I have to tell you a funny(?) story of when I had a break-in on a Lada car I owned. They smashed the driver's door and window, and then stole only the seat cushion, a normal household one. Apparently even the radio wasn't worth stealing! I wasn't annoyed, just insulted. After that run of luck life can only get better for you. Graham and Carole

Comment

Changing vans

Hi GeeCee
                      The sun is beging to shine even though it's overcast I picked the van up from the the garage yestday the was originaly qouted at £700 for the cam belt which was the reson we broke down on Fri. on the way too Devizes & the Newbury show. But I pay into a system called Car Care Warranty it's run by theCivil Service Motoring Association club not sure if non members can use it
                      but it's for cars etc. up too 10yrs. & they paid for the big part of it which was good. Now the next job getting the work sorted that was done in the brake in I thought it wasn't too bad but when I sorted things out at home
                      I found the slideing mechanisim had been damaged but I've got it booked in to be sorted the Ins. Co. has paid up for loss of personal effects, I think those that broke in new what too look for if I broke into a camper I wouln't have known where the 2nd battery was why force the steel door of of the locker under the passengers seat & leave tins of food in the toilet I had the cables for the TV a solar panel & electric heater also non of the other lockers
                      had been touched which seems rather strange. Now I've got the fight with Dolphins too try & get my deposit back on a van which over night we both realised wasn't suitable.
                      Cheers
                      Pete
                      I originaly came from Hastings

Comment

Sorry to hear about the break in, and such negative experiences with the dealer. Just out of curiosity, was yours the only van broken in to at the dealer's?

Comment

Changing vans

Yes it wasn't the motorhome dealers that I'm in disput with but a Citroen garage/dealer where I was getting other work, done the vandals tore the CCTV down before breaking in to the van it appears that they are only insured for the inside of the showrooms not the outside area, but thats up to my insurance company too sort out. in away it was a good thing it happened local too me I could have been on holiday.
                          Cheers Pete

Comment

I'm sorry but shouldnt they have insurance to cover every area of the property? In the event of public injury or one of their employess crashing outside the workshop. It sounds a bit "iffy" to me and I would certainly make enquires about that.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X