X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pamsicle
    started a topic Does this really happen

Does this really happen

I meant to mention this a few weeks ago. My neighbour hired a motorhome from a local dealer, just for something different to do for a 50th birthday. Anyway, I asked him how it went. He was less than enthused by the hire price. Said he could have stayed in a good hotel, cheaper. What got me though was that , when he went to collect it, he was shown around the van and shown how everything worked. Then he was charged can’t remember whether he said £12 or £20 extra for this.
    Is this normal, to be charged.

Pam

• Caz
    replied
    I agree, surely it is in their own interest to be sure that the hirer knows how to work things properly, it should be included in the overall hire charge.

Leave a comment:

• CyberCynth
    replied
    pamsicle I think your neighbour should go back and reclaim his 'orientation' charge! If you hire a narrowboat for a canal holiday you get a very detailed orientation session with an engineer from the hire company, and to my knowledge that has always been included in the hire charge. Certainly on the three narrowboat holidays I have been on we were not charged any extra for this service. However, there may be something in the very-small-indeed print when he signed the hire agreement so he needs to go back through that with a fine tooth comb first.
    Cynthia.

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    What a cheek! I think they must have seen him coming, Pam. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would know to talk someone through the workings, they all have variations... and it could actually be dangerous if someone didn't know what they were doing. I always thought that would be part of the enormous amount they charge to hire one. In fact, I think I would have queried it with the manager!

Leave a comment: