Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about this Stimson Berlingo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about this Stimson Berlingo?

Hi, I've hopefully bought via Ebay a 1998 Berlingo camper that seems to be a Stimson design. I've been trying to work out what company converted it, my first thought was it was a La Parisienne, but further research suggests they all had 5 doors. It seems almost the same as a Peugeot Provence that is owned by some fellow classic car club members, but I can't find any reference to a Berlingo of that age. Has anyone on here got any ideas please?
    Camper 2.jpgcamper 3 edit.jpgCamper edit.jpg

It certainly has some look of Stimson to it. Those back cupboards and sink look similar to Romini fittings.

Comment

Yes it is a Stimson design as also fitted to the Provence and the Parisien and probably others. A stretched version of the same design was also built into longer wheelbases such as Peugeot Expert, Fiat Scudo, etc as the StimsonTirol.

There is quite a thorough thread somewhere covering most variations of non Romahome Stimsons.

Looks like a nice buy btw, hope it suits.

Comment

This is the rear view of a Stimson Provence taken from an ebay ad from last year. Provence.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dapple View Post
          Yes it is a Stimson design as also fitted to the Provence and the Parisien and probably others. A stretched version of the same design was also built into longer wheelbases such as Peugeot Expert, Fiat Scudo, etc as the StimsonTirol.

There is quite a thorough thread somewhere covering most variations of non Romahome Stimsons.

Looks like a nice buy btw, hope it suits.
          We're off to collect it Monday evening, hopefully all will be good. I think it's going to be slower than a slow thing as it's a 60bhp 1.7 diesel, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Comment

Hello and Welcome nice looking little van!

Comment

Originally posted by 1900sr View Post

We're off to collect it Monday evening, hopefully all will be good. I think it's going to be slower than a slow thing as it's a 60bhp 1.7 diesel, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
              There are no 1.7 Berlingos, early ones had the 1.9 engine then later the 2.0 hdi unit.
              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

I~t's a very neat looking van that.

How tall is it?

It looks like it could cope with height barriers with no problem

Comment

Hi and welcome! Lovely looking van!

Comment

Here is the thread about Stimsons. You should find it in there, I think, somewhere.

https://community.smallmotorhome.co....on-conversions

Panda
                    These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment

Congratulations and Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B View Post

There are no 1.7 Berlingos, early ones had the 1.9 engine then later the 2.0 hdi unit.
                        That's what I thought having done some searches, but it is a 1769cc (so sometimes listed as a 1.8) XUD7. I work for a motor factors and so checked it on ours and Citroens parts systems and it shows there as a 1769cc. It seems the early 600D vans were fitted with this engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post
                          Here is the thread about Stimsons. You should find it in there, I think, somewhere.

https://community.smallmotorhome.co....on-conversions

Panda
                          I'd seen that thread, the closest thing is the Provence. I suspect this is exactly the same conversion but on a Berlingo rather than a Partner. I don't know if it had a different name when it was Citroen based. The La Parisienne is also similar, but they were based on the 5 door Berlingo Multispace as far as I can see. The one I'm getting doesn't seem to have any graphics on it unlike the Provence or La Parisienne, but they could have been removed. If I'm lucky it'll have paperwork with it that explains more, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

It's a "La Parisienne"

CITROEN BERLINGO MULTISPACE STIMSON LA PARISENEE (you will need to scroll down)

Parisienne Motorhome based on the Citroen Berlingo, inclusive of VAT, road fund licence and first registration fee (e.g. on the road price)

1.4 Petrol £ 16823 29.4mpg urban, 46mpg extra urban, 38.2mpg combined

1.6 16v Petrol £ 17423 29.1mpg urban, 46mpg extra urban, 37mpg combined

1.6 Diesel HDI 72bhp £ 17423 42mpg urban, 60mpg extra urban, 52.3mpg combined

1.6 Diesel HDI 91bhp £17823 42mpg urban, 60mpg extra urban, 52mpg combined

Conversion only £ 8500

New 1.6 HDI all aluminium engine replaces previous 1.9d (71bhp) and 2.0HDI (90bhp)

http://www.lvdltd.co.uk/21901.html
                            Last edited by Dapple; 11-08-2018, 02:33 AM.

Comment

That's what I thought having done some searches, but it is a 1769cc (so sometimes listed as a 1.8) XUD7. I work for a motor factors and so checked it on ours and Citroens parts systems and it shows there as a 1769cc. It seems the early 600D vans were fitted with this engine.
                              New one on me. Every search I've tried on the net shows that the very early ones had the 1.9 XUD, replaced by the 1.9 DW8, in turn replaced by the 2.0 Hdi. Can't find any reference anywhere to the smaller XUD engines being used. What I did find though is that the very very early ones could be specified with the 1.8 XU petrol engine as a special request option so is it possible it's petrol?
                              Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment