No announcement yet.

What we did at the weekend.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't Pimlico a part of Burgundy? At least until th 28th.

Comment

Isn't Pimlico in Burgundy?

Comment

Originally posted by MYKE View Post
        Isn't Pimlico in Burgundy?
        Very definitely it is!

Comment

Originally posted by MYKE View Post
          Isn't Pimlico a part of Burgundy? At least until th 28th.
          Careful Mike - someone may complain and you will be moved to The Politics Board
          Jon

Comment

I think I should try to raise the tone of this thread so here is what I saw when I lived in a top floor bedsit in Pimlico. A large dog sauntered past to a greengrocer's, a few doors down. He lifted his leg and peed on all the produce in the first row next to the pavement and then moved on. I didn't buy from that shop.
            Curiously (or so I think) now I live in the North East a fox has taken to leaving his visiting card on my front grass path about twice a week (I presume that on the other days he visits others). Foxes typically trot at 8kph and if he is out 4 hours every night he does up to 32 km. My grass path is about 4m long so according to my calculations he is favouring me with a preference of 2286:1. Very occasionally he barks.
            I feel honoured.
            Paul.
            Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Comment

Doblo7 Hi Paul, welcome back... I've been wondering what you have been up to seeing you haven't posted since December.
              Too old to know everything!

Comment

000_0694.JPG000_0695.JPG000_0693.JPG

Another weekend - another adventure. You may remember a few weeks ago I went and bought myself a Panther motorbike. Well it turns out that the owners club do their monthly meetings in a pub only five miles from our doorstep. Not only that, the were holding a camping weekend too. Well, it didn't seem worth taking the caravan five miles down the road so we just paid a couple of visits Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I was a member thirty years ago and it was rather surprising to meet up with several old friends from way back then. Even more surprising that they remembered me after all this time despite the spectacles and grey hair. It was a much smaller event than ours of course,. A limited number of surviving machines tends to limit the membership, but there were six tents when we arrived and about six Panthers to go with them. Another two arrived just as we were leaving and the same two were just leaving as we returned on Sunday.
                Anyway, here's some photos of big pussycats for those of you who are interested.

Comment