This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the Saga of changing the MH

The dealers still haven't contacted me about my deposit but I did a bit of crafty research I used a ailias too show a interest in that particilar van being that it was still on their list on the web I also asked if I paid a deposit then cancelled was there a calling off period the answer to that was no but they could give a 24hr one if need be mine was over that.

The repair turned out OK a extended warranty I take out paid for the cam belt change.

Up to now the insurance Co. have settled for the personna things that was nearly £500 Iv'e had the estimate for the damage caused by the break in thats £1007 just hope they pay I think these repair firms take the easy way out the spring on the sliding bed had been forced & lost so that was included in the quote but after getting back from FB's at Guilford it must have shaken loose the loop at the end had staightened I managed too make a hook but it may not last so contacted Ant too see if they were just RH spares (yes) so contacted FB too order me one, but in their quote it comes as a complete attachment at £12 can't realy see a spring costing that also the quick release battery fittings £14 Towsure £7 for 2 the locking £4oo + so I hope they foot the bill
    Pete

It sounds like you're getting there now, Pete. Can't advise re the deposit refund, but I hope you get it back. I'd assume you're not going to though - if you do, it will be a bonus.. That's a lot of damage, and it's expensive, but I would assume the ins. co. will pay out for it all, that's why you have insurance after all. Good luck with getting your van sorted out and back on the road.

Comment

Changing van

Hi Jay Jay Thanks there's no way they are getting my van now after all of the problems I 'd rather lose the grand deposit than have somjething that's not suitable also next month it's due for a service so I don't see why I should let them have it.
      You was lucky when that branch got blown on too your car as you drove hom from the Meet
      Pete

Comment

A grand!!! I thought it was around £300 you'd put down as a deposit - must have got it wrong - I think I'd take them to court (or at least threaten!) for a grand.

Yes, very lucky with the branch, I thought the windscreen was going to go! And got away withot even a scratch, but it was a big branch and very windy. It was a bit scary in that high wind, but at least we weren't on the motorway when it hit us... that might have been worse.

Comment

We put a holding deposit of £250 on our Dimension at Freeborn and they said we could have it back if we changed our mind when we had seen the van.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Please check at Citizens advice as I am sure all company must give you a cooling off period. Ant may know the exact details. A grand is a lot to lose, worth fighting for.

Comment

Saga of van

Collected the van from Freeborn Guildford yesterday all the insurance work carried out other than the rear door lock so it's got too go back in next month my Insurance Co. paid up nearly £1500 all I had too pay was £100 excess hate to think what loading I'll have on the next premium, still if it's fully comp & protecteded it shouldn,t make much difference.
              So we're off too Chichester C&CC Sun for a week just hope the weather sorts it's self out.
              As far as the other problem goes I've written of just wont get caught again I'll just keep clear of Dolphin MH's
              Pete

Comment

Originally posted by peteadams67 View Post
                As far as the other problem goes I've written of just wont get caught again I'll just keep clear of Dolphin MH's
                Pete
                Glad the insurance work has all been done.

You can't let them get away with £1000 for nothing. Go to the citizens advice and see what they say... don't just lie down and take it. You have rights, and even if there's a contract, you should be getting at least half or three-quarters of that back, if not the full amount. That is daylight robbery!

Comment

I agree with Jayjay - you must not let Dolphins keep the whole £1,000. You should be entitled to some, if not all of it back. I think you have to keep on at them until they agree to be reasonable
                  Mary

Comment

And threaten them with bad publicity - report them to Trading Standards, and Watchdog for starters....

Here's the citizens advice website for starters:
                    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en.../deposits.html

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/
                    [/URL]

If you're in either the camping & Caravanning club or anything similar, see if they can give you advice. Also you might be entitled to free advice through your car/motor insurance.

Don't give up!

And this: from the consumer rights, a different page - unfair terms:

What is meant by an unfair term?

As explained above, an unfair term in a consumer contract is a term that can cause a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligations to the detriment of the consumer. There are three main categories that unfair terms may fall into.

* Terms that give the supplier of goods or services the right to change the terms of the contract.
                    * Terms that limit the liability of the supplier of goods and services. For example no liability for death or personal injury arising out of an act or an omission by the supplier of goods or services.
                    * Terms that put an unfair burden on the consumer. For example a term states that a deposit will be kept by the supplier of goods or services if the consumer cancels the contract but does not include a term saying that the supplier of goods or services will pay compensation if it does not fulfil its commitments.
                    Last edited by jayjay; 17-06-2011, 18:17.

Comment

I think you are very likely to get this back.... and publicity here will help

Comment

Saga

Hi all thanks for all your advice & concern I did go too the C A B on the first day when I had the phone call from Dolphin MH's showed them the paper work but they said it appeared too be a grey area they also gave me a some printouts with inf. but nothing seemed too relate so after I get back from this break I'll contact the O F T & get their advise.

The other annoying thing is that L M C of Bordon which is a Citreon agent had no insurance for anything on their forecourt & being that my van was there for over a week awaiting repairs & it was broken into in the first couple of days is a bit much but it appears it often happens. I did ask at Freeborn Guildford who carried out the Ins. work what would happen & their reply was if it was booked in it would be covered by their Ins. so now I think they will get my serviceing etc.

I notice uin todays paper that Ins. premiums are going up 30% I've also got a Focus & that had the windsreen spiked I't's been keyed & the last one was the 1/4 light behind the rear door I was going too pay for that but it was £300+ There was 12 cars damaged one W/E we have a CCTV 6mnts of the year that stops some of it but then it's moved too another trouble spot & it starts again. But thats life.

So next week I'm just going too foget it all & hope for a bit of sun or just paddle about in the rain.
                        Cheers Pete

Comment

Originally posted by peteadams67 View Post

So next week I'm just going too foget it all & hope for a bit of sun or just paddle about in the rain.
                          Cheers Pete
                          You have a good holiday, Pete, and forget about it for now.

Maybe we can organise a meet with some posters and so on and come with you to demand your money back if nothing else works! We'll just go en-mass and mob them until they pay it back to get rid of us!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X