Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridge advice? Mezan Autosleeper

Hello everyone.
    It's my first post but I've looked at the forum for inspiration over the last few years.
    I have a Mezan Autosleeper (Peugeot Partner base). The fridge really struggles on electric - barely chills. Seems ok on gas. Given up the ghost in DC. Any suggestions?
    I wondered if fitting a fan would help? It's a dometic 3way fridge fitted in 2007. If anyone has fitted a fan any recommendations for fitters (in Sheffield area). I'm off to Spain in late August/September so it'd be great for the fridge to be fully functioning.
    Thanks in advance.

On 230 volt mains supply the element could be worn out at 12years old . The 12 volt will always only maintain at the temp when turned on .I don't think a fan would make any difference.
    BuzznDave

Comment

Thanks Dave. Tbh I'm totally in the dark about motor home refrigeration so....can AC be fixed or just continue running of gas for time being?

Comment

Replace with a compressor fridge? And solar panel if not using hookup.

Comment

The element is relatively easy to replace but for best results you would be better placed removing the fridge from the van which would inevitably mean the disconnection of the gas supply and the electrical connections. That said it's not as daunting as it may first seem and it means you can give the whole unit a right good clean. I suspect the element is on its way out.

Comment

I seem to remember someone once suggesting removing the fridge, leaving it upside down for a while, and then putting it back in again. But i have no idea who said this and if it would actually work, nor why it would work.
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by DANTAGE View Post
              The element is relatively easy to replace but for best results you would be better placed removing the fridge from the van which would inevitably mean the disconnection of the gas supply and the electrical connections. That said it's not as daunting as it may first seem and it means you can give the whole unit a right good clean. I suspect the element is on its way out.
              Thanks. Daunting????

Comment

The rest of my post disappeared! I can wire a plug but that's about my limit. Any recommendations about where you can get this done (Sheffield/South Yorkshire)
                thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Derekoak View Post
                  Replace with a compressor fridge? And solar panel if not using hookup.
                  Any recommendations? (Web links etc)

Comment

fiveoffive I've just PM you with a little something.

Comment

Originally posted by DANTAGE View Post
                      fiveoffive I've just PM you with a little something.
                      I
                      many thanks Dan. Appreciate your advice

Comment

You're very welcome.

Comment

I have a vitrifrigo fridge from Penguin refrigeration. You would need to fill the space you have. The price is high but compressor fridges work better than absorbtion gas fridges.

Comment

Something else to ponder on

Comment

Yes, removing the fridge and leaving it upside down for a few hours often works. It is something to do with air bubbles getting in the refridgerant (I think) and somehow they disappear when it is inverted. Putting it the right way up afterwards does not make the air bubbles re-appear and the fridge does often then work much better. I know, I have done it. GeeCee

Comment