As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto clutch

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto clutch

Hi all, since trading my automatic car in for a A/S Mezan, I have developed arthritis of the left knee and find it difficult to operate the clutch. I came across Ebay Item number: 300582872267 Auto Clutch/Semi automatic clutch system and would be interested to hear of any members experience with it. I am reluctant to part with the Mezan as it is so useful for holidays and everyday use. Dave West

Hi Dave

just had a squint at the item ,sounds like an answer to your problem .i would think its a solonoid or motor operated cluch actuation system ,the company seem to do other assistance conversions so it may be a good idea to talk to them and see what they have to offer ,
    a friend of mine had a hand clutch conversion fitted to his camper ,he could manage changes but couldent hold the clutch in trafic very well that just gave him the bit of extra help he needed to carry on driving his manual
    MOS

Comment

On the subject of automatics does any one know if it's possible to change the manual drive on my Talbot Avalon to an automatic? Although I'm having a new hip on Tuesday which should make driving much more comfortable, [at present I have to lift my left leg on to the clutch every time I need to change gear or ride the clutch which is the quickest route to needing a new one], I am aware I'm not getting any younger and have arthritis in several joints [including my big toe!!!!].

An automatic would make life so much easier and would enable me to continue using the van for many more years.

Thanks, Di.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X