This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the Motorhome

My brother in law has just introduced me to a new product for keeping the motorhome clean. I was struggling to remove 'fly pooh' which peppered my van and I had been given some magic stuff by Ant after which I was to put on some silicone based polish... que brother in law.

He has introduced me to some products for fibreglass boats! He allowed me to try and small bit on the van.... a cleaning product which worked brilliantly then this wax. Wow never used wax before but the patch I have treated is wonderful, water beads on the surface and muck just seems to wash off with water. The stuff lasts about 11 months on the hull of a boat.... well impressed.

I have now ordered the stuff and am awaiting its arrival so I can wax the whole of the van.... the plan is to tackle a small area at a time so I can gradually treat the whole vehicle.

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
    My brother in law has just introduced me to a new product for keeping the motorhome clean. I was struggling to remove 'fly pooh' which peppered my van and I had been given some magic stuff by Ant after which I was to put on some silicone based polish... que brother in law.

He has introduced me to some products for fibreglass boats! He allowed me to try and small bit on the van.... a cleaning product which worked brilliantly then this wax. Wow never used wax before but the patch I have treated is wonderful, water beads on the surface and muck just seems to wash off with water. The stuff lasts about 11 months on the hull of a boat.... well impressed.

I have now ordered the stuff and am awaiting its arrival so I can wax the whole of the van.... the plan is to tackle a small area at a time so I can gradually treat the whole vehicle.
    Do you plan to inform us of this wonderous product
    or is the plan to keep it to yourself ?????

Comment

Oh whoops.

Collinite not at all cheap so best to see how I get on first, I might not be so keen once I get started. I just know my brother in law's vehicles look like new and was amazed by the patch I treated. The wax I have purchased is the 885 heavy duty wax for boats and caravans which does need a bit of rubbing in but if I do one patch at a time and gradually work around the romahome it should work.

I am sad enough to be considering using a different wax for the car bit. I would never have considered waxing a vehicle before this is a first for me!

Here is the website....

click here

Comment

I noticed that the wax is carnuba, which is also in this product (which I use)!

Called Showroom Shine, and brilliant for windows as well (apart from a windscreen on a car!) Althought it's very expensive, it does go a long way.

http://www.idealworld.tv/_168783.aspx

Comment

I use Collinite 915 on my car and its as good as it gets for protection. I would imagine their boat/caravan products are of the same high quality.
          Although it is expensive to buy, a little goes a long way and I am sure it will last for years.

Comment

Another Showroom Shine convert here...........
            The van's getting a session at the weekend.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

My theory if it is designed to protect glass fibre boats in the sea water for a year etc then it is going to be pretty longlived on a motorhome

Comment

My theory if it is designed to protect glass fibre boats in the sea water for a year etc then it is going to be pretty longlived on a motorhome
                It's bound to, Tentpeg! What's more when you do come to wash it, it's so much easier, everything just slides off, flies, mud- the lot!

Comment

As per the tv advert, I don't quite understand. PErhaps you could show me...again and again!
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

cleaning

i use grease lightning showroom shine all the time not wased R10 from new and it look like new now i do all the windows ase well by law they can not sae us it on widows we do all house widows good for patio door mirrors bath room wall if you do your caravet do it when damp goes a lot more all the best to you all diggdeep

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
                      i use grease lightning showroom shine all the time not wased R10 from new and it look like new now i do all the windows ase well by law they can not sae us it on widows we do all house widows good for patio door mirrors bath room wall if you do your caravet do it when damp goes a lot more all the best to you all diggdeep
                      I also use it to do my house windows and other stuff, brilliant on mirrors as you say - and a lot less cleaning ever after!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                        I also use it to do my house windows and other stuff, brilliant on mirrors as you say - and a lot less cleaning ever after!
                        I pinch OH's shaving foam for mirrors - they come up a treat! (Think I got that tip from Aggi & Kim)
                        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I had a precleaning product from the same suppliers with the wax... Have just tackled the back of the motorhome... The cleaner was FANTASTIC. Fly messes, tar etc just lifted off! Then you polish on the wax and it gleams. Am not killing myself on this have the door on the back to go but have to say am pretty impressed at the moment.

Once the door is done hopefully tomorrow can work my way around the motorhome...

Comment

Cleaning Motorcaravan

I had a precleaning product from the same suppliers with the wax... Have just tackled the back of the motorhome... The cleaner was FANTASTIC. Fly messes, tar etc just lifted off! Then you polish on the wax and it gleams. Am not killing myself on this have the door on the back to go but have to say am pretty impressed at the moment.

Once the door is done hopefully tomorrow can work my way around the motorhome...
                            Tentpeg I use a Halfords 12volt small polisher this takes all the effort out of polishing and gives a fantastic shine
                            I have been using MER as romahome recommend but will try this stuff of yours which pre cleaner did you use

Alf

Comment

Collinite 920 Fibreglass boat cleaner. Do not love housework... do not love polishing motorhomes..... this is a first for me!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X