Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorhomes and the virus, during and after lockdown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the motorhome scams...I'm not sure if it is not only a recycled article to fill the Guardians pages.....see for yourself.....Saturday, 14 October, 2017....

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-bank-accounts

seems I fell for it as well, in #22.... :-(

Comment

I suspect that gasgas imagines such a posting may be false

Comment

Ha ha it's got "I'm stuck for something to write so I'll invent a story" but on the other hand there will of course be some of this taking place. One of my favourite web sites used to be 419eaters.com, but I've just looked at it and it doesn't seem to be there any more. They were a bunch of people intent on scamming the scammers. They discovered that scammers are susceptible to their own tactics, and had these guys running around the world spending all their ill gotten gains in persuit of a suitcase full of money which didn't exist.
        Someting I fairly frequently encounter on ebay seems to be money laundering. An item, say for example a regular child's bicycle will be advertised at £3,500. There is no way a childs bicycle is worth that so i don't think it can be anything other than laundering.
        All streams flow to the sea, yet the sea is never full. Ecclesiastes Ch 1

Comment

An article from last weekend's Sunday Times. Unfortunately behind a paywall, but the headline gives the gist.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...ogue-fwz38xb8j

The sub-headline refers to rentals and sales "going through the roof" but I can't figure out how when nobody can get to the outlets!

Even if accurate at the moment, I suspect that, like many other conclusions being drawn, this is very premature.
          Geoff

Comment

I have a free sat tv at home . and a freest tv in the van . we have been watching the Chelsea flower show this Pm .there are good bargains to be had online . new cars also the sales men were at there desk when I picked my van up after its service on Monday .you can order a new car on line with discounts and have it delivered now.
            BuzznDave

Comment

Dave. I would be interested to know how the garage gets on with registering a new vehicle. as far as I know dvla will not register any vehicle which is not for essential purposes at this time. you can buy a new car but unless you are classed as vital you can't drive it. hopefully your garage has found an answer

Comment

I took possession of my Vikenze II this morning. I feel like a proper member of this community now.

Comment

doog have you got your new MH? If so, surely it is registered? Was it delivered using trade plates or did you collect? If still at the converters then I agree it may not be registered.
                  Too old to know everything!

Comment

Jim. it was delivered on trade plates. I insured it but it is not taxed or registered. it has number plates. wondering how others in the same situation are fairing. not the end of the world, at least we can camp in the garden!

Comment

doog If it has number plates surely it is registered... I'm confused...
                      Too old to know everything!

Comment

Doog when the number was allocated to the van by the dealer he would have emailed the corresponding vin plate and number plate details to the DVLA.
                        You could go to https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax
                        and put in the details - if the vehicle is listed you need either to tax it or SORN it - if you do not you may get a hefty fine.
                        They would have used trade plates. because it was not taxed - they would have done the same delivering a secondhand vehicle.
                        Jon
                        Support the NHS go to Just Giving

Comment

Jon. I check every day online. its crackdown. the vehicle is not registered. dvla have the tax money and the registration fee from VW Leeds. new vehicles are not being registered unless owners have an essential occupation.

Comment

doog sorry me error - to quote Plato (this maybe political) "These are strange times in which we live...."

Jon
                            Support the NHS go to Just Giving

Comment

Originally posted by doog View Post
                              Jon. I check every day online. its crackdown. the vehicle is not registered. dvla have the tax money and the registration fee from VW Leeds. new vehicles are not being registered unless owners have an essential occupation.
                              I thought you were a nurse, doog Do I recall you saying you have got a First Aid badge from the Scouts? That counts.

A used car dealer near me says on their web site that they are considered (or perhaps to put it more accurately, they consider themselves) to be an essential business. So they say they are open and you can go and buy a car. They have an AutoSleeper for sale in amongst the cars, and I saw a window on their web site saying that you can buy a car if you want to, get in touch. I would imagine that as doog has done, if you buy one, the dealer would deliver it to you. Brownhills for example say on their web site "we are closed but if you are interested in one of our vehicles please phone or email us". I don't see anything wrong with you buying a camper and having it delivered to you so you can camp on your driveway. It would be useful to get to know it, pack it and stuff like that before you actually drive off on holiday.
                              All streams flow to the sea, yet the sea is never full. Ecclesiastes Ch 1

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X