As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It started as a little roof leak!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It started as a little roof leak!

Lol, as it normally starts, just a little leak above the windscreen. Well I said, our MK1 Trafic is 26 years old. So after investigation, I see there are 3 sections to the roof above the window. The inner metal roof panel, of which the lining is attached. The now middle metal panel, of which used to be the original roof of the cab of the van, and then the final is the fibreglass camper roof bonded above. Sadly, after slight pressure applied to free the almost depleted bonding of the fibre glass, I find the metal of the original cab roof is gone! just dust. I feel my only option now, is to seal as good as can the fibreglass to the remaining metal and try to keep future moisture out. A large can of P40 fibreglass from Halfords! so thats it, thats my next job on the list. Will updte on progress.

Your not alone,we have had 3 windscreens fitted in the last year,the lastest one is leaking on the top left corner,got to take that back to get it resealed
    we can send space ships to the moon but cant stops tin sheds leaking

Comment

Been trying to get my caravan to stop leaking since I bought it! LOL... full story in the caravan threads!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X