This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Coax Hookup

Some sites now offer a TV Hookup which is nice if you want to watch some TV, with the dark evenings coming in, and the aerial isn't providing a good enough reception.

Has anybody developed a way of getting the coax into the van without it having to go via one of the windows. As the one who sits near the said window I am finding it rather drafty

Originally posted by wheelyhome View Post
    Some sites now offer a TV Hookup which is nice if you want to watch some TV, with the dark evenings coming in, and the aerial isn't providing a good enough reception.

Has anybody developed a way of getting the coax into the van without it having to go via one of the windows. As the one who sits near the said window I am finding it rather drafty
    use the door which ever is nearest, the cable should pass through most door rubbers without damage

Alf

Comment

I would suggest having a co-ax connection fitted in one of the side lockers.
      This would then have a lead connected to it that would plug straight into the tv.
      You would then obviously need a coupling lead to go between your new socket and the site aerial plug. Just open your locker - plug the lead in - and you're away.

Mike

Comment

Marlins sell a short piece of flat co ax which has a connector on each end and can be put in a window opening, and the window closed on it without damaging it.

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
          use the door which ever is nearest, the cable should pass through most door rubbers without damage

Alf
          most caravan parts shops sell a co-ax fiiting which glues and screws outside and connects to a cable that goes through a small hole behind the fitting into the van,and leads into the underseat space.its easy to fit and has a waterproof cover. they look smart and work.you connect a weather proof co-ax to the site socket then plug the other end into your external socket.
          I have this,and it works very well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-car..../dp/B002XSH42Y

this can be purchased via the amazon link on this site.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by eugene View Post
            Marlins sell a short piece of flat co ax which has a connector on each end and can be put in a window opening, and the window closed on it without damaging it.
            Sorry, for Marlins read Maplin the high street electronics firm
            Apologies for the miss spelling, I should have checked it
            Eugene

Comment

Wheelyhome

I use one of these on the sat dish through the window, from Maplin as Eugene says. The flat cable came with my Aldi sat dish, and uses F connectors each end.
              Less chance also of some toe-rag forcing your window.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/window-frame-f-cable-97179

Tony Anchorman
              Last edited by anchorman; 06-10-2011, 17:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                most caravan parts shops sell a co-ax fiiting which glues and screws outside and connects to a cable that goes through a small hole behind the fitting into the van,and leads into the underseat space.its easy to fit and has a waterproof cover. they look smart and work.you connect a weather proof co-ax to the site socket then plug the other end into your external socket.
                I have this,and it works very well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-car..../dp/B002XSH42Y

this can be purchased via the amazon link on this site.
                Thanks for that Ian. It's just the sort of thing I was looking for. The order's palced so I should be fitting it sometime next week.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X