This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking sensors

hi any one looking for parking sensor try your POUNDSTRETCHERS AS THEY ARE DOWN FROM £29.99 TO £14.99 as romahome to fit them is £ 245 pounds (diggdeep)

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
    hi any one looking for parking sensor try your POUNDSTRETCHERS AS THEY ARE DOWN FROM £29.99 TO £14.99 as romahome to fit them is £ 245 pounds (diggdeep)
    Do you have a link for these the website does not show them

Alf

Comment

That's a good deal. I've just bought a set off ebay at the same price, but without the easy 'take it back to the shop' option.

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
        You must be lucky Tom I have just been to our local Poundstretcter and they told me they don't keep them in I tried phoning but no one answered they said if its not on the website we dont keep it in.

A two way switch in the 12volt supply to the sensor so you can switch on at night gives a good external alarm when wild camping as long as there are no sheep about.
        Alf

Comment

Many years ago I designed a parking sensor system. It was pretty good - Rover bought them for an Approved Accessory and Rolls Royce said they were the best they had seen, so did Volvo.
          I have had experience of quite a few over the years, and of course I know how they work. There are many different qualities of them and to be honest I wouldn't expect much from a reversing sensor that sells for £25, even if it is made in the poorest parts of China. The best I have tried was fitted to my 59 plate Jaguar. I didn't like the car and bought another make, which didn't have a reversing sensor. I got a Ford approved accessory kit from my local Ford dealer for £100 trade, fitted it and although it has flashing lights and a supposed distance readout, it isn't half as good as the factory fitted unit on the Jag.
          So, just because it is a bargain, don't expect too much from it. It may not detect small bollards which will smash your bumper. It may not detect a little girl behind your car playing dollies on the drive. I did meed a granny who had reversed over her grand daughter and killed her, so whatever you do, do NOT rely on them. The Leicester Ambulance Service told me that they hospitalise an average of 78 children a year that have been reversed into. My wife is a nursery nurse and tells me that up to the age of four, children have no sense of danger. They don't think that a car engine starting up just next to them is any reason to get up and out of the way.
          Sorry to be glum, but it can be a serious matter. I can't recommend a good system: apart from the ones fitted by the manufacturer in the factory I don't know of any. Please let me know if you find one, and I'll go and buy it.

On my camper I have a reversing camera and a screen on the dashboard. It is in my opinion far better than ultrasonic sensors. If you have any experience of electronics and try to translate what the human eye can see into and electronic equivalent you will be amazed at how difficult it is.
          Last edited by gasgas; 11-12-2011, 15:17.
          Nil desperandum. In loco parenthesis: My old man's in inverted commas.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X