This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rotten floor

I recently bought a Nu-Venture Junior motothome, had it about a month, tried it, loved it, cannot wait for season to start, anyhow when i bought it we got it reduced slightly because the rear most floor had started to rot through. being a bit of a diy man thought not a problem, today i started to remove the floor, It has had from new a tow bar, this was made up from inch and a half box section, the idea i had was to angle cut it off, and weld it back on when i had replaced the floor, it must weigh a tonne, the body lifted a good two inches when removed, and reading threads about weight i am going to leave it off. anyhow old rotten floor has been cut away,so has the rotten wood frame it sits on, i will spend a few weekends cleaning it all up, before i install the new floor, all in all a good days work.

It would be good if you could keep a photograph diary of your work and post it here for others to see

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
      It would be good if you could keep a photograph diary of your work and post it here for others to see

Peter
      I could do , but would you all not get board with me prattleing on. do you use photobucket to post pictures on to the forum

Comment

We would all love to see and hear about your project.
        It is always interesting to see how clever people are, so yes please, PHOTOS:so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by dunnie View Post
          I could do , but would you all not get board with me prattleing on. do you use photobucket to post pictures on to the forum
          That is one way, but I have found photoshack.uk much easier.
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

You can (if you wish) create an album on here and make it public for everyone to see.

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...faq_vb3_albums
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

photos

Hi, have done as requested, created a public album of my project, called Nu -Venture. advice appreciated.

Comment

Hi, have done as requested, created a public album of my project, called Nu -Venture. advice appreciated.
                Dunnie's album should be viewable to everyone here:

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=55
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

No advice I am afraid but interested looking at your photos. Wow that is rotten! Do you know how it became so wet to make it rot like that?

Scary!
                  Moya :)

Comment

Originally posted by Moya View Post
                    No advice I am afraid but interested looking at your photos. Wow that is rotten! Do you know how it became so wet to make it rot like that?

Scary!
                    no, but asume that as it is on the side of the sink has something to do with it, it does look a mess at the moment, however i have several ideas on how i can repair it. my winter project, something different than the quirky three wheeler cars from the 60's that i restore,the last one which i have just sold was a 1960 Reliant Regal mk6 with a ash frame.
                    Last edited by dunnie; 30-11-2011, 21:17. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Don't forget to repair the sink if that's what caused it!

Comment

I recently bought a Nu-Venture Junior motothome, had it about a month, tried it, loved it, cannot wait for season to start, anyhow when i bought it we got it reduced slightly because the rear most floor had started to rot through. being a bit of a diy man thought not a problem, today i started to remove the floor, It has had from new a tow bar, this was made up from inch and a half box section, the idea i had was to angle cut it off, and weld it back on when i had replaced the floor, it must weigh a tonne, the body lifted a good two inches when removed, and reading threads about weight i am going to leave it off. anyhow old rotten floor has been cut away,so has the rotten wood frame it sits on, i will spend a few weekends cleaning it all up, before i install the new floor, all in all a good days work.
                        progress report, have cut out and cleaned to the best of my ability all the rotten wood/glue. cut and fitted new wood side rails, i was looking for a substantial glue and came accross a glue called wood weld pu, my friend who owns a cravan breakers said this is the glue caravan manufacturers use, i can recomend this product, it stick ought to ought in five mins(WORKABLE) 24
                        hrs fully cured.the rain on sunday stopped play, but well pleased with the progress, i will take more photos, i am of work weds and thurs and fully intend to have the new floor installed.i will then make good all the other bits i have found whilst doing this repair.

Comment

floor

Originally posted by Graham View Post

I have added some more photos of the floor repair, floor is fitted, and sealed, just got to refit the metal work, fridge etc, and re-wire the rear lights, going to fit some rear amber side marker lamps. should look good.:so happy:

Comment

Dunnie,
                            Very well done, I absolutely admire your skills and ability, something like that would make me want to run off and find a bottle!!
                            All the best with it....

Andyvan:so happy:

Comment

Hi, great job on the repair:so happy:, looking at your pics the new floor you have fitted are you leaving the underside as is or are you going to seal it with somthing or is that the waterproof stuff they use on boats.

wouldnt water splash up off the road and start rotting the wood again (or am looking that the pics the wrong way up)
                              looks great though well done on the repair

Daz

Comment