Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that looks really good,You are very skilled,well done,lovely job.

Now,about my loft floor................
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
      Hi, great job on the repair:so happy:, looking at your pics the new floor you have fitted are you leaving the underside as is or are you going to seal it with somthing or is that the waterproof stuff they use on boats.

wouldnt water splash up off the road and start rotting the wood again (or am looking that the pics the wrong way up)
      looks great though well done on the repair

Daz
      hello, yes the wood is marine ply,and is fully sealed, the whole lot will be covered with aluminium sheet and then sealed, so will be fully waterproofed.

Comment

Originally posted by dunnie View Post
        I have added some more photos of the floor repair, floor is fitted, and sealed, just got to refit the metal work, fridge etc, and re-wire the rear lights, going to fit some rear amber side marker lamps. should look good.:so happy:
        i have for a while been thinking how can i repair a couple of holes in the aluminium side panels,looking at the holes i think some thing metal has been in contact with the alloy and over time worn through, anyhow i thought about sticking reflectors over them, then i thought about fitting two side marker lamps, just finishing wiring them up, uploaded two photos .
        Last edited by dunnie; 20-12-2011, 13:28.

Comment

nice neat looking job of those lights,I guess thats what they call lateral thinking.Well done I envy you your ability.

Comment

gas tap.

While i am at this point on rebuilding the back of my motorhome,i have decided to fit an external gas point, after seeing one in use I thought what a good idea, just bought one on e-bay complete with all fittings, ideal for the barby.

Comment

While i am at this point on rebuilding the back of my motorhome,i have decided to fit an external gas point, after seeing one in use I thought what a good idea, just bought one on e-bay complete with all fittings, ideal for the barby.
              I might even get to like Barby`s if all romahomes had a gas point like that
              Wonder if i could fit one,I shall watch you and learn.thankyou.

p.s Have a great christmas

Comment

Nice work you've done there and can highly recommend the external gas point for the BBQ!!
                Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                  Dunnie's album should be viewable to everyone here:

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=55
                  Boxing day, what shall i do, ? work on my motorhome, weather dry, to good to miss, couple of hours undisturbed, except from a cup of tea ,made by she that needs to be obeyed, all sideand rear trims fitted, all nearside rear wireing completed. insulation fitted on nearside rear side panel, panel fitted, i know self praise is no praise , but i am pretty please with the results, seeing this is my first attempt at doing something like this, its usually cars i tinker with, just waiting for my remote gas fitting tocome, then i can complete the off side and refit the fridge,coming on nicely ohh I forgot I have uploaded some more pics, well you did say you wanted pics.
                  Last edited by dunnie; 26-12-2011, 12:57.

Comment

Boxing day, what shall i do, ? work on my motorhome, weather dry, to good to miss, couple of hours undisturbed, except from a cup of tea ,made by she that needs to be obeyed, all sideand rear trims fitted, all nearside rear wireing completed. insulation fitted on nearside rear side panel, panel fitted, i know self praise is no praise , but i am pretty please with the results, seeing this is my first attempt at doing something like this, its usually cars i tinker with, just waiting for my remote gas fitting tocome, then i can complete the off side and refit the fridge,coming on nicely ohh I forgot I have uploaded some more pics, well you did say you wanted pics.
                    I am sitting watching Campervan Crisis and thinking of you,you guys make it all look so easy,I am very envious.

Comment

Hi'
                      I have a external gas outout in my gas locker on our o8 Hilo I didn't want to make a hole in my bodywork and fitting the pipework was simpler.I'll post some photos if anybodys interested.
                      Joe
                      If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                        I am sitting watching Campervan Crisis and thinking of you,you guys make it all look so easy,I am very envious.
                        well just found it shall watch in a bit might give me some ideas

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
                          Hi'
                          I have a external gas outout in my gas locker on our o8 Hilo I didn't want to make a hole in my bodywork and fitting the pipework was simpler.I'll post some photos if anybodys interested.
                          Joe
                          ooooH yes please Joe,i might be persuaded to burn a burger if I can have a gas barbie

Comment

DSCF0543.jpg

DSCF0544.jpg Hi Ian I made a aliminium bracket and fixed it using the seat belt bolts which are in the top of the gas locker in the Pullman version, the regulater was moved a little to make the pipe work easier and to fit the isolater valve. Making the bracket was fiddly as there isn't much room to get the propane bottle in or shut the locker door. The gas outlet is a Bullfinch.
                            Joe
                            If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
                              [ATTACH]2024[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2025[/ATTACH] Hi Ian I made a aliminium bracket and fixed it using the seat belt bolts which are in the top of the gas locker in the Pullman version, the regulater was moved a little to make the pipe work easier and to fit the isolater valve. Making the bracket was fiddly as there isn't much room to get the propane bottle in or shut the locker door. The gas outlet is a Bullfinch.
                              Joe
                              Nice job Joe.That will give me a clear idea. Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                                Dunnie's album should be viewable to everyone here:

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=55
                                The external gas valve arrived on thursday, and I fitted it today, it was fairly easy to cut the panel, all piped up luckily the van was already fitted with a three way gas valve so connection was easy, all fuctioning okay, all ready for the barby.uploaded a couple of pics.

Comment