X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bongo outing 2010

First camping weekend of the year coming up,Im staying here
    http://www.greenhillsholidaypark.co.uk/index.html
    with about 17 other Bongos for the weekend.I have been to this site before its a lovely site.
    Looking forward to it all!!

Dabs

Looks a nice site Dabs, hope you and your Bongo friends have fun, the weather forecast is good for this weekend, so fingers crossed.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

BBBBBbbbbbb rrrrrrrrrr Bakewell that was a cold one!! Great weekend though and as usual good Bongo company.Greenhills is a nice site ideally placed for a walk down into Bakewell in search of some tarts ,it has good facilities and a nice little bar which was well attended on an evening (it was warm too which was a great bonus!) It crept down to -6.5 degrees on Saturday night!!
      Anyway a few piccies:-

We had a couple of birthdays from the Bongopeeps over the weekend so we had a rather nice Bongo cake too.

Cheers
      Dabs

Comment

That sounds really cold, bet you were glad of the warm bar to use in the evening. Did you manage to find a tart or two to take back to the van?

I love the pictures, the cake looks really good and is that a picture of Mrs. Dabs sitting with you outside the van?
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          That sounds really cold, bet you were glad of the warm bar to use in the evening. Did you manage to find a tart or two to take back to the van?

I love the pictures, the cake looks really good and is that a picture of Mrs. Dabs sitting with you outside the van?
          The warm bar was a bonus Graham yes,the Fosters lager was dodgy though a few peeps had upsets the following day!! yes it was my Mrs Heather who isnt really a camper at all but toughed it out really well she also claimed my new bed too but there was no way I was sleeping in the roof it was bitter!! I found room elsewhere in the Bongo (just!!) I will have to wait till 19th March to try out my new bed as Im away with the Bongos again at the Cotton Arms in Wrenbury Cheshire for the weekend!! I am assured by Heather that the new bed was very comfy (Im so glad!!!)

As for tarts no way mate its not a good idea bringing a tart back when the wifes with you is it I made do with a Pasty instead!!!

Dabs

Comment

Well if Heather isn't really a camper she did very well to stick those temperatures so well done to her.

Must be those lovely new fittings and the new bed in the van that persuaded her to venture out.
            Graham

Comment

http://www.cottonarms.co.uk/main.html

Away again this weekend this time Wrenbury village in Cheshire staying at The Cotton Arms.Basic camping but an enjoyable and freindly place to stay!!

A few pics

Im afraid I cant take any credit for the atmospheric ones a fellow Bongoist took those the one at dawn with the bongos on I think is particularly good,I couldnt resist pinching it!!

Cheers
              Dabs

Comment

Im away again at weekend with fellow Bongoists......

http://www.hillofoaks.co.uk/

This time at Hill Of Oaks site Windermere,I have heard that there is also a VW Meet on at the same site too so it should be a very interesting weekend !!

Dabs

Comment

Originally posted by Dabs View Post
                  This time at Hill Of Oaks site Windermere,I have heard that there is also a VW Meet on at the same site too so it should be a very interesting weekend !!
                  Don't get fighting with them, I've heard they are a rough lot.

Looks a lovely site, hope the weather is better than forecast.
                  Graham

Comment

Had a great time at Hill Of Oaks,really nice site very relaxed with good facilities,You will be glad to know the VWs didnt show (I think someone was on a wind up!!) Im sure we would have got on fine anyway.We dropped lucky with the weather as well it was lovely!!
                    A few pics

Comment

Bongo

Originally posted by Dabs View Post
                      http://www.cottonarms.co.uk/main.html

Away again this weekend this time Wrenbury village in Cheshire staying at The Cotton Arms.Basic camping but an enjoyable and freindly place to stay!!

A few pics

Im afraid I cant take any credit for the atmospheric ones a fellow Bongoist took those the one at dawn with the bongos on I think is particularly good,I couldnt resist pinching it!!

Cheers
                      Dabs
                      Dabs can I ask, what is the make of the awning in the picture. Never seen one like that.

Pam

Comment

Hi Pam

Its called a Reimo Tuffi Its made for VWs it was a bit wide on the Bongo and to be honest a good wind and it was like a hanglider!!Its well made though and reasonably easy to put up.

I dont have it any more it was a sale clincher when I sold my Bongo last year!

Heres a link

http://www.reimo.com/en/93643-tuffi_...s_motor_homes/

Dabs

Comment

Bongo

Thanks for the info Dabs. Looking at the photo you had up. i thought it may have been suitable for the back of my Romini.

Pam

Comment

Pam have you seen the Romahome awning that is currently on sale on ebay. So far it only has one 99p bid, just under 4 days to go.

Comment

bongo

I already have an awning like that. Just wondered if the Bongo one was more lightweight.

Pam

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X