As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fridge magnets for curtains

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridge magnets for curtains

However carefully fitted, curtains and some blinds have a tendency to curl at the ends and provide scope for peeping Toms or Jemimas.

For an unlined vehicle like ours, fridge magnets sewn into the sides of the curtains or blinds should close this gap.

I now have to negotiate for the release of our augmented fridge alphabet, much used in the past for home-made poems and ribaldry (sometimes both), for the just cause of Mum and Dad's modesty. But what will the message spell to outsiders?*

Paul.

PS* Only joking.
    Seek to make a virtue of necessity.

Originally posted by Doblo7 View Post
    However carefully fitted, curtains and some blinds have a tendency to curl at the ends and provide scope for peeping Toms or Jemimas.

For an unlined vehicle like ours, fridge magnets sewn into the sides of the curtains or blinds should close this gap.

I now have to negotiate for the release of our augmented fridge alphabet, much used in the past for home-made poems and ribaldry (sometimes both), for the just cause of Mum and Dad's modesty. But what will the message spell to outsiders?*

Paul.

PS* Only joking.
    ---------------------------
    Ooh! What a brilliant idea! I have at least three sets of magnetic letters that could be shared out, if anyone esle at Broadway wants some to copy your idea with - one of the perks of retiring from that particular job (I DID pay for them originally, I hasten to add!)
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I threaded the bottom hem of my front window onto a curtain wire, with two little screws to hold that at each side. Not for the peeping toms, really, but more to keep the cold air from coming in! Magnets sound good!

Comment

Actually, our blinds seem a pretty good fit. Now will look at them more critically. The curtains in the lifting roof are a pain - if you push them inside the 'shelf' they end up wet so maybe magnets there to fasten the bottoms nearer to the window...? will have to check out the design of the fitting again. Otherwise, I could just resort to write funny words on my fridge, like when the kids were little. MY second childhood and all that.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X