This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware if selling your motorhome

I have had an email from someone alerting me to a these two interesting topics of discussion on other forums.

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/fo...an-buyerseller

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forum-...wresult-1.html
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Is it my computer or is anyone else having trouble downloading this, and other links from the forum tonight? Looks as if it is an interesting article...if only I could open it!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
      Is it my computer or is anyone else having trouble downloading this, and other links from the forum tonight? Looks as if it is an interesting article...if only I could open it!
      The links are working for me Sue, I noticed you had said in the other thread that you couldn't open a link but it's fine for me. Anyone else having problems?
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        The links are working for me Sue, I noticed you had said in the other thread that you couldn't open a link but it's fine for me. Anyone else having problems?
        Are you getting a message, if so what does it say?
        Graham

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Just tried both links, they opened fine for me.

Comment

I suppose it could be this computer? Each time I've tried to open your links, the computer not only opens a 'blank page' tab but also freezes anything else open.
            This also happened when trying to open the link about adapters for someone's R20 as well.

Comment

Both opened OK for me
              Colin

Comment

Done a disk cleanup lately, Sue? It's gets rid of temporary files on your computer as is often the case when tryng to load new pages.

Go Start - All programs - Accessories - Disk cleanup - system, tools, Disk cleanup highlight and hit go!

Comment

Versions of these shady practices have been going on for twenty years now, and still people are taken in.
                  They are companies who take your £50 and will set up a couple of calls - in house staff of course - expressing interest, but of course, their database of supposed buyers is tiny. Just enough to keep them legal. The 'guarantee' buyers' are fictional.
                  No one has ever sold a vehicle through these types of agents - ever.
                  But there are just enough mugs out there to keep them in business. Don't be one of them.

And while you are at it, don't pay deposits up front for 'too cheap to believe' motorhome bargains either.
                  Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                    Done a disk cleanup lately, Sue? It's gets rid of temporary files on your computer as is often the case when tryng to load new pages.

Go Start - All programs - Accessories - Disk cleanup - system, tools, Disk cleanup highlight and hit go!
                    Aha. Am using OH's laptop until my clever daughter helps me to choose a new one for myself - but it seems he does disc clean-ups regularly. Oh well. Obviously an in-house problem. Thanks.

Comment

All this firm is doing is selling you a rather expensive advert on their website - which isn't very well search optimised. "Buyers waiting" is their selling blurb to get you to part with your hard earned.

Don't bother - there's plenty of other free to advertise or cheaper sites which get far more hits from potential buyers - Pre-loved, forums, Friday Ads, etc, or even e-bay.

Comment

Another scam

Another scam when you are trying to sell your motorhome is done by dodgy dealers.
                        It works like this they say we will sell your motorhome for you on our forcourt/ premises. When we sell it we get some commision on the final price.
                        Sounds fair enough and I'm sure some dealers do this legitamitly and act as a service for customers.
                        The problems can occur if a dealer is dodgy.
                        I have heard of dealers who have their premises full of customers vehicles.
                        They sell them keep the money and eventually when things get to hot they go bust, taking with them £100,000's of other peoples money.
                        Customers buying the vehicles don't get a warranty (as I'm selling for a customer) and goodness knows what the legal position is if you buy from a dealer and things go belly up.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X