X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keen Canary

Hi all
    I have been banging on about being a new comer to camper vans and seeking your advice and opinions on different vans.
    Well it seems we well may have decided on this Mercedes van but wondered if any one could advise or recommend the best drive away tent for this type of van and where to purchase?
    We thought a tent or awning about 3mts square would be ample for a couple of chairs & table.
    What do you think?
    Also do all sites allow ground sheets?
    Do most sites allow dogs?

Keen Canary

Originally posted by keen canary View Post
    Hi all
    I have been banging on about being a new comer to camper vans and seeking your advice and opinions on different vans.
    Well it seems we well may have decided on this Mercedes van but wondered if any one could advise or recommend the best drive away tent for this type of van and where to purchase?
    We thought a tent or awning about 3mts square would be ample for a couple of chairs & table.
    What do you think?
    Also do all sites allow ground sheets?
    Do most sites allow dogs?

Keen Canary
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Hi. A few quick, off the cuff answers to start the ball rolling:

Many people seem to use movlite awnings, though we made do with a tent that we already owned, for a while, before buying a movelite.

Nowadays there are groundsheets that are grass-friendly, as compared to the ones that you are supposed to lift each day.

You need to check with individual sites re the dogs - most campsites do appear to allow dogs though regulations do vary as to how much freedom they are allowed on sites.

Hope this helps.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

We've got a range of awnings on our forum shop if any of these suit you we will receive a small commission which we use to help fund the forum running costs.

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmocampin-21?_encoding=UTF8&node=2

Not sure how big your new van is but we've got a Romahome Dimension and we use a movelite square awning which is ideal for us.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I used to have a Royal Traveller 3 (Bustent) for my Bongo,it was a good solid awning it was old style where you erected the pole frame and basically threw the tent over the top.I have been in gales with it with no problem whilst others with more modern drive aways have seen theirs torn to bits.Had to make sure it was pegged down tight so as to avoid a bit of water gathering in the roof I solved this by stretching a few bungees across which gave a flatter run off.I have always liked the Khayam range of drive away awnings, most are blue in colour and can be a bit dark inside though.If I were you I would look at the dome design awnings which from what I have seen are easy to put up.
        I recently bought a lovely tent and saved myself over 200 quid by deciding on one after a shortlist of three and then doing internet search to find the best deal I even got the carpet and footprint groundsheet thrown in.....worked for me
        Dabs

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X