This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question

I have been tidying up my nuventure, it had maroon, well faded maroon trim that covered the screws within the aluminium channel,I have purchased 50 metres of black trim. I tried fitting it straight of the reel, then in a bowl of hot water, then giving it a quick flash with a heat gun, this was fine on the short strips,however i have got to do the long stripes that go over the roof and around the door, which if i try to use the above method will take ages, thats if it can be done, is there a tool available to fit this trim, i have the tool that fits the rubber lock strip into the windscreen rubber but it will not do it, has anyone got any ideas,,cheers............Paul

There probably is a tool Dunnie. I think the best thing to do is enquire wherever you bought the roll.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

didnt reliase that a tool was availble swapped windows over last year in at a meeting but need to remove again to cure rust and to repaint ok it took me while to figure out but we did it with washing up liquid and big screwdriver

the sliding window was on wrong side for my liking wanted it to open in front of seat not behind my head so no draught on back or neck

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post
        didnt reliase that a tool was availble swapped windows over last year in at a meeting but need to remove again to cure rust and to repaint ok it took me while to figure out but we did it with washing up liquid and big screwdriver

the sliding window was on wrong side for my liking wanted it to open in front of seat not behind my head so no draught on back or neck
        Tools for trim and weather sealing inserts are usually specific for the trim being fitted, if available. They are by no means universal.
        You need the correct one!
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X