As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nostalgic about a c15 not the same about vw split

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nostalgic about a c15 not the same about vw split

we saw a 1992 C15 yesterday and it was in really good condition and i walked all round it several times and enjoyed the moments.The funny thing is we had a!960 Volkswagen split window devon caravette(firm in Sidmouth) from 1972 till 1979 and a vw beetle before that but mostly its the noise i notice most as they driveabout.The van itself was brilliant and we drove on a shoestring budget but i would never want one again.We had 3 small boys and it was great with double side doors and side on table easy for in and out.When at a show we always look at the Danbury stand Vws but only in a way that we had one and they havent changed much look very surferboy and a bit trendy.In2007 when we planned to get back into Campervans most of our friends thoughtVWS would be our route but no the little Francais Citroen alllllaezzzzz mobile had caught our eye.The vw though we bought cheap with smack in the front that i covered with a sporty spare wheel and a coved roof rack that a cool dude asked ........surfer boards on the roof mannnn?no its for prams and pushchairs.....the look on his face....i just as well of said....and i wear a vest as well !!!!!!!!!!!!............Mark ps we had it 7yrs and made £60 profit.not bad at all..

can i add to that when our youngest son Frank got old enough to sit in a bike baby seat we got two very old Tandems (freddie Grubb and Ellis Championboth !950s LOndon)and used to put them on roof to take on HolidayShirley in front with our eldest son Joseph i would follow with Laurence and Frank (aged 6...4..and 2)the tandems on the Vw caused a lot of conversations with fellow campersoften in Portsmouth.Later we cycled a lot more and in the end did cycle touring in a big way also pulling a bike trailor but that is another quite a long one as you may imagine what a story.the Vwwas green top and battleship grey and is very much in our boys memories..........Mark and Shirley

Comment

I learned to drive in a 1959 split screen Devon Caravette, it had a 1200cc engine and did 30mpg wherever it went but hills were an absolute nightmare but the family loved that van. I look back at old photos with pleasure but I wouldnt swap it for my Romahome.

Comment

hello Peter we were on a campsite in Portsmouth ready to leave when a noise we could not identify sounded..........searching ......and searching....i found my shaving kit behind Shirleys seat with other things on it ...a tin of shaving cream had squirted all contents and filled the space with ....well snow???? ok foam..the boys laughed like ....wait till we tell our friends back home.....Mark..that Vw was clean behind the seat after that....

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X