As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior layouts for panelvan conversions - what do you like best?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior layouts for panelvan conversions - what do you like best?

We love our Duo, but we ar considering another of our big Euro tours next year - we'll be away for over six months if we do it, so are considering a good panel van conversion - sticking with our 'smallest we can get away with' formula.

Contenders are from IH, Timberland, Trigano and Adria.

But we are deciding on front bed rear kitchen/bathroom layout as per Twin1's lovely Trigano Tribute (that they kindly emailed photos of ) or the rear lounge/bed front kitchen layouts.

Pros of front lounge... Nice view with the door open. can make bed up and use rear doors for access - good for late returns from the pub!.
    Cons - bed fills the front area when made up.

Pros of rear lounge/bed, cozy sleeping and nice seating area.
    Cons - feels a bit 'shut away' in day use.

Any thoughts out there?
    Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Have a look at the East Neuik Fifer conversions and the Murvi

Peter

Comment

If you want to read any mmm reviews of panel van conversions, I put a list of the ones I have available in the 'all motorhomes' section.
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

My own preference would be bed at the back but with rotating van seats so you could use the front as lounge/kitchen/diner.

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
          If you want to read any mmm reviews of panel van conversions, I put a list of the ones I have available in the 'all motorhomes' section.
          Thanks Glen

I have most likely read most reviews of these (I for got the Murvi!)
          Before we commit upwards of £20k I wanted to trawl in a few personal feelings.
          My own thoughts are for front bed because the sofa and front seats will make a nice lounge.
          We are very 'outdoors', so prefer a big open door (and hence our dislike of mobile -type motorhomes much beloved of British motorhomers - all shut indoors in a replica of your house!)

Also like the idea of having the loo/shower and kitchen at the back with the rear doors giving ventilation.
          Our travels will be in warmer climes...
          Last edited by rubberrat; 12-02-2012, 19:25.
          Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Originally posted by rubberrat View Post
            We are very 'outdoors', so prefer a big open door (and hence our dislike of mobile -type motorhomes much beloved of British motorhomers - all shut indoors in a replica of your house!)
            Top of our list was a sliding side door - allowing the outside in and vice versa. We also like two good sized single beds, with a gap in the middle for ease of ingress and egress. Beds/lounge at the front. It would be wonderful not to have to use the front seats to make up the beds, but that makes for a much larger vehicle, so have to put up with that.

Other than that we like things as simple as possible, toilet, fridge, sink, hob at the rear with as few bells and whistles as possible.
            Last edited by Vanderella; 12-02-2012, 23:12.
            Mary

Comment

Our short wheel base Transit has a rear bed which simply pulls out for sleeping, still leaves room to stand, or sit on the swivelled cab seat, 2 of our family have had the campers with front beds and found making the bed a real chore- so much so one has changed his van for something larger, the other hasn't used his for a considerable time! Campervans are all about compromise-it's just deciding which set of compromises to go for is the difficult bit.

derek b and Babs
              derek b and Babs

Comment

twin1

Originally posted by derek b View Post
                Our short wheel base Transit has a rear bed which simply pulls out for sleeping, still leaves room to stand, or sit on the swivelled cab seat, 2 of our family have had the campers with front beds and found making the bed a real chore- so much so one has changed his van for something larger, the other hasn't used his for a considerable time! Campervans are all about compromise-it's just deciding which set of compromises to go for is the difficult bit.

derek b and Babs
                No problems with bed at the front with us but long wheel base gives a little more room. Love the idea of kitchen away from seating area. Agree with you though,so many different vans and everyone has their favourites. We downsized from a coachbuilt and love the smaller vans now. the Duo was great we enjoyed it for a short time but family circumstances made change a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post

derek b and Babs
                  I think the Transit is a tad wider than some, probably makes for a better size bed, cant stand the small rock & roll bed in standard VWs
                  Mary

Comment

I think we're sold on the front lounge/bed rear kitchen bathroom arrangement of the Trigano Tribute.
                    Other considerations are:

-I like to lounge and read in the swivel captains chair - and be able to look out of the side door a at the same time.

-Would be nice in hot places to have the kitchen & shower/loo at the back where we can have the doors open for ventilation.

-I really hate the 'British' thing of being shut away in the evenings in a mobile version of your bungalow. We like outdoors, even when we we have to be indoors if that makes sense. A problem with large coachbuilt M/Homes I'm afraid.

I will never again have a camper that uses the front driver/passenger seats as part of the sleeping setup after having a Holdsworth Villa with that arrangement.
                    Awful set-up, a pain to make the bed, general hassle. Never comfortable.

So, much as we love this little Duo, six months plus in Europe make it too small, not for the living space, but the gear we need to take, including two mountain bikes -
                    Time to hunt out our new campervan for the end of this years trip - This is going to cost
                    Last edited by rubberrat; 17-02-2012, 17:11.
                    Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X