As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

End of the line for our Renault

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the line for our Renault

For those who seen our Renault at the No mans land meet in September, will know which van im on about lol.
    Its a mk1 Renault Trafic autosleeper 1985. Sadly MOT time, headlights rotted, endless welding and now a untraceable wiring problem. its the end of the line for this one. I have just purchased a 1994 VW transpoter or T4 panel van and me and peg will convert this before the meet in April, hopefuly using alot out of the Autosleeper. will add pics as we start.
    thats our update, will add pics very soon.

It must be sad to see the demise of your old van, but if it can be partly reincarnated in your new self build that would be good, look forward to some pictures. I don't think i'm on my own in being fascinated by other peoples conversions of vehicles never designed for camping! and it seems to me that those that make their way around Europe or further in a simple conversion of an ex builders van are having a lot more fun than the more aspirational types with their v. expensive vehicles.

derek b and Babs
    derek b and Babs

Comment

Thats a lot of work to undertake in such a short time,when your working as well,look forward to seeing it at the meet Are you going to fit a hi top,or use your existing lift up top

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
        aspirational types with their v. expensive vehicles.

derek b and Babs
        There's a third type - the totally cack-handed, d-i-y/mechanical phobic, can only just work out which end of a screwdriver to use, cant tell a zig unit from an omni vent who would be lost without a professional conversion.

Green with envy at all the wonderful DIY-ers ......
        Mary

Comment

Sorry to hear that - but if I know a man who can, it's you.
          Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
            There's a third type - the totally cack-handed, d-i-y/mechanical phobic, can only just work out which end of a screwdriver to use, cant tell a zig unit from an omni vent who would be lost without a professional conversion.

Green with envy at all the wonderful DIY-ers ......
            You speak for many of us Mary, I am very limited in what I can do, So I wave a piece of plastic and others do the work.

Now where do you wind up this kettle???
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

My son is doing a similar thing. He's just bought a (used) hi top ford transit as his old one packed in. So he is converting the new one with the insides of the old one. And keeping the engine for spare parts as well! Now he has bought a hi top that should save him crouching in the back as he is 6ft tall. I wonder if he'll remember when it comes to car park barriers!

Comment

Wish I had the skills to have done similar with my Frisky when he failed his MOT on bodywork - but he went to a new home where they had the technology to re-build him and did, and he has been out and about again with his new owner.

Comment

T4

Hi, Duane Peg & Conner,
                  Happy New Year Mate
                  sorry to see your baby go mammaries vertical with the mot,
                  Seen some really nice T4 cons about,
                  And when you finished it it will be one of the better ones because you know what you want and are prepared to go that extra bit to do so,
                  See ya all at meet, don't be late,
                  Heads Down Bums Up,
                  Midnight oil is cheap,
                  See ya,

Comment

Thanks peeps, its the caravelle edition, so has sun roofs along the roof, midnight star gazing ahead lol.
                    were only short so it will be fine for us, plus were keeping the stand alone awning. Yes it is a short time
                    First stage will be stripping the Renault so we can see how it fixes in, then at the end of the month we will get the base boarded out and insulate behind the boarding.
                    Will add photos this weekend

Comment

Hi there.
                      I might be interested in the hubcaps for your renault trafic if you still have them. Also I could do with some advise about temp gauge. Mine just stopped working after I disconnected the open and close levers on the side of the matrix, I had to because my spark plug remover was to long and the levers were in the way. Any Idea ? Mine is the 1721cc

Thanks

Originally posted by Hubcap View Post
                      For those who seen our Renault at the No mans land meet in September, will know which van im on about lol.
                      Its a mk1 Renault Trafic autosleeper 1985. Sadly MOT time, headlights rotted, endless welding and now a untraceable wiring problem. its the end of the line for this one. I have just purchased a 1994 VW transpoter or T4 panel van and me and peg will convert this before the meet in April, hopefuly using alot out of the Autosleeper. will add pics as we start.
                      thats our update, will add pics very soon.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X