As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOT day.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOT day.

My Talbot Express, c1991, is booked in for it's MOT at 11am today. Please keep all fingers and toes crossed to encourage the tester to pass it A1. It had a lot done last year by it's previous owners so now I've got the indicators working I'm hoping it will sail through.

I'm not at all mechanically minded so won't be able to fix any faults myself - am seriously considering doing a course on first aid mechanics as everything gets so expensive once the experts get involved.

Watch this space.....

Di.

Got everything crossed for you, Di! I hope it all goes well.

Comment

JlsskkshwnixkhQhtbswjawub (sorry trying to type good luck with my fingers and eyes crossed is impossible!!)
      Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Got everything crossed here Di, my transit sailed through last week, like you I'm useless at mechanics so have to pay out for work to be done. used my garage for years so he's good to me price wise. :so happy:
        Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
        'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
          used my garage for years so he's good to me price wise. :so happy:
          Our Trinny passed her MOT yesterday-we have used the same family garage for years, like you we have built up a good relationship.
          derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by di allen View Post
            My Talbot Express, c1991, is booked in for it's MOT at 11am today. Please keep all fingers and toes crossed to encourage the tester to pass it A1. It had a lot done last year by it's previous owners so now I've got the indicators working I'm hoping it will sail through.

I'm not at all mechanically minded so won't be able to fix any faults myself - am seriously considering doing a course on first aid mechanics as everything gets so expensive once the experts get involved.

Watch this space.....

Di.
            Di 12.54 and no news .... still they say no news is good news :so happy:

I hope all went well at 11.00am

Alf

Comment

14.56 - still no news. Come on Di!!
              Mary

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                JlsskkshwnixkhQhtbswjawub (sorry trying to type good luck with my fingers and eyes crossed is impossible!!)
                ---------------------------------------

: Bit like that room full of monkeys trying their best to produce the works of Shakespeare!

Hope the MOT went well and was suitably painless.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                  Made me laugh out loud, Glen.

Ok, guys you may all uncross what ever as Dobbie sailed through her MOT, :so happy:, with only a couple of advisories - a small engine leak which the mechanic said was cheaper to top up with oil rather than wory about having it repaired and a leaky rear shock absorber which will need replacing but he reckons I shoud get a 1000 miles or so more from it before having done. Shan't risk that far but can safely leave it until after I return from Bridlington.

All your good vibes must have reached the tester, so many, many thanks. Your support is tremendous and worth its' weight in gold.

Di.

Comment

great stuff!:so happy:

Comment

Di Allen,

Is there still a fishing industry in Bridlington?

Comment

Great news Di - happy touring for 2012 :so happy:
                        Mary

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
                          Di Allen,

Dunno about that is the high speed RAF Search and Rescue launches still base there

Alf

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
                            Di Allen,

No idea but will let you know when I return.

I think it may have been part of the herring trail where the women followed the fishermen to gut the catch ready for sale. I remember seeing a programme following the herring from Aberdeen down to as far as Great Yarmouth. Some of the women were amazing, smoking pipes as they gutted! [wouldn't pass Health and Safety now].

We often holidayed there and my father loved his kippers - used to get a box iced up and sent home for when we got back - I hate fish and the smell of them cooking used to make me sick. I still shut my eyes when passing a fresh fish stall!!!

Di.

Comment

There is still fishing in Bridlington and the crabs from there south to the Humber are at least as good as the much praised Cromer crabs.I can remember the last of the herring drifters on the horizon on that coast in the early sixties around September time.I don't think the R.A.F.launches are there now but there is a good fish and chip cafe over their old boatshed!
                              Joe
                              If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X