As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Drivelodge Kangoo Automatic

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Drivelodge Kangoo Automatic

I noticed Drivelodge have a new conversion of a Kangoo on there website. They arent calling it a Joey but it seems the same. I prefer the look of this to the the new conversion J C Leisure have done on a Kangoo. This is a 2 berth automatic for £10495 on a 2006 with 29k on the clock. There is no mention of a leisure battery or mains hook up.
    It would be nice to get a lpg conversion on the engine, fits underneath instead of spare. I think it is possible to get the hob plumbed into it at the same time. Saves space and cheaper than small camping gaz bottles.
    Does this need to comply with the new euro directive on motorhomes ? Ask before you buy.
    www.drivelodge.co.uk/used_sales/silver_kango.htm
    Last edited by peterfowden; 02-07-2012, 09:27. Reason: add info

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
    I noticed Drivelodge have a new conversion of a Kangoo on there website. They arent calling it a Joey but it seems the same. I prefer the look of this to the the new conversion J C Leisure have done on a Kangoo. This is a 2 berth automatic for £10495 on a 2006 with 29k on the clock. There is no mention of a leisure battery or mains hook up.
    It would be nice to get a lpg conversion on the engine, fits underneath instead of spare. I think it is possible to get the hob plumbed into it at the same time. Saves space and cheaper than small camping gaz bottles.
    Does this need to comply with the new euro directive on motorhomes ? Ask before you buy.
    www.drivelodge.co.uk/used_sales/silver_kango.htm
    It's no longer for sale as it's sat on my drive!!

It does have a hookup but no leisure battery, and is badged as a Joey and registered as a motorcaravan. I had initially discounted it as hookup wasn't mentioned and there were no sockets in the photo's.

I posted a few months ago asking for advice on small car based conversions,
    I looked at an awaydays Doblo hightop conversion, but couldn't stand up in it, and although really well equiped (built in fridge and wardrobe) this meant no access from the side door and I'm planning on a towbar mounted bike rack on the back, so decided it wouldn't work for me. (Still advertised and could be a good buy for someone).

The drivelodge was the best (age, mileage) pop top within a reasonable travelling distance so I took the plunge.

I hadn't thought about an LPG conversion, might be an option for the future.

Haven't been away in it yet, but been busy buying stuff (chocks, plates, kettle etc), just need some decent weather now.

Jules
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JazziJ; 02-07-2012, 12:39.

Comment

Lucky You

It looks a very smart conversion. I've always liked the Joey conversion. You would think they'd have updated their site and put sold on at least. Suppose they are hoping for more orders.
      I like the fact you can still use the near side door for access and presumably there is enough room to stand up there when the compact double is made up.
      Do you have the bed measurements to hand ?
      We have a Kangoo MPV the 3rd new one and are thinking about having it converted.
      Have you seen the www.packashack.co.uk tailgate awning I think it would be a great combination with your new Joey.
      I like the idea of getting a quality 12v coolbox. The type that will run for days on a leisure battery. You can put that wherever you like and it won't block the side door.
      Happy camping and let us know how you get on.

Comment

Having enjoyed a Kangoo Roo based on the same 1.6 auto model, I'm sure you'll love it. Your 'double' bed is a better arrangement than in my Roo and it's a good layout.

I would consider fitting a leisure battery or even just carrying a 12v battery pack. Re a coolbox, I carried a basic 12v powered coolbox in the front passenger footwell.

I had a quote for an LPG conversion on my Roo. This was about £900 three years ago and I'd have to use a lot of fuel to recoup the cost so I didn't proceed.

Hope you enjoy very many happy trips in your new Joey!

Comment

According to www.drivelpg.co.uk if you converted to lpg and did 10,000mls per annum you would save £454 a year on your Joey (thats based on the maximum mpg so you would probably save more in reality) It would probably pay for itself in about 2 years depending on your milage, the cost of converting (we've been quoted £950 for a kangoo) and the price of unleaded versus lpg.
          Of course lpg is a lot cleaner for the enviroment and better for your engine.
          Worth considering if you can afford the intial outlay.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X