As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st CL in our Romahome

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st CL in our Romahome

On the way back from Warwick cc site tues we went to a CL near Broadway and parked next to a lLondon couple on their 1st trip in a T25 V W.we parked where the last people had just left and all looked well A good natter to other campers and we liked the friendly atmosphere .A good look round Broadway later a nice meal back at base (thank you Shirley) The next day heavy rain until 10 am and i went to get the bikes ready to cycle to Evesham as it had stopped raining and big pools had formed right behind .The new chap asked if this happens often " i replied it does to us "WE got to Evesham and enjoyed looking round nice varied shops after a posh Costa and later had our packed lunch .............................About 4pm we unlockedthe bikes as a cloudburst hit the townand continued for 20 minutes .Alls well again so we cycled back to the site to be met with a flood .I must be careful here as someone may know the owner who says it wasnt flooded !!!!!! it was ,I stood in it much to the amusement of all the other campers and it was just mid shin and made a good photo ................The water was only about a yard from our back door so if more Rain ,.....not nice at all...................I first spent .30 mins with a bucket bailing it through the hedge down a slope I then had a look round the farm and found a big plastic pipe so tried to drain it that way but no good ummmmm....................next move................i found a big Horse broom(smelt a bit) ...any way...i tore into it brushing a big wave Woolacombe would be proud of over to the hedge .........and away.......I think i half drained the whole field........................Then the farmer arrived .............."yes that part does tend to flood "......................He seemed anoyed cars had gone in and out the field churning it up as a notice stated park all cars out side the gate on the concrete yard..................as for me trying to lower the tide ................he seemed mildly impressed .......a small shower next morning .....and we managed to avoid the paddling pool to get out ok..............and yes we will go back in drier weather..............Mark and Shirley

[/U]

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X