As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Months On

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Months On

Eight months on from my first posting Wendy and I have enjoyed many day trips and 6 trips away staying on sites from 2 nights up to 10 nights. We have stayed in N Norfolk< Suffolk, Hereford and Devon. We ended up buying a 2004 Mercedes Ambiente van which was converted by Waveney Campers. The registration includes DZY so we have christened her Dizzy. Being just retired and totally new to camping we are still learning but have enjoyed the holidays and the learning curve. One mistake we made on the last trip (9 days at Little Cotton Site Dartmouth in Devon) was to try and put up our drive away awning in a strong wind with Dizzy Parked to close. The wind was so strong that one gust blew a pole onto the side of the van and presto we have a scratch. Like I say we are still learning.
    Also learnt to be patient, tidy, plan ahead, how to get loads into a small storage space and how to spend some of the pension on camping extras.
    Met many friendly people and dogs, traveled on trains, buses and ferry,s and been quite lucky with weather.
    Probably done our last away trip of 2012 but hope for some day trips.
    Would like to thank those who offered advice and help earlier in the year on vans and awnings
    Keen Canary

Pleased to hear it is going well for you.

Comment

It's lovely to hear your news and glad you're enjoying your first year camping, here's to many more.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X