As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new camper!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new camper!

Meet 'The Worm' (can't explain the name that easily!), my new Partner Tepee which, with the skills of a clever decorator I know, is now my micro camper. I bought the family version which has four glass panels in the roof and loads of storage. I've added a single bed with lots of storage underneath, a smeg sink with jerry cans and whale pump supplying fresh water, portapotti housed in a box which also serves as a table and a support to the bed at night. The box can move around the van so there's lots of floor space. Everything is covered in yacht carpet, to make it flush with the car decor, easy to clean, and it's really hard wearing. It also makes the storage under the bed really cool. (My food kept fresh for a whole weekend.) The whole thing, including the floor pieces, is modular so I can remove it all and put the car seats back if I want. I've got blackout blinds from Amdro Campers (great product Iwan.) Any cooking I do outside on a little alcohol stove. Power comes from a Ring portable pack/inverter. It's all very compact but easy to live in - I'm a very happy chap! :so happy:
    Attached Files

Not surprised you're so happy. It looks great!

Comment

What a great looking versatile camper, well done you.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Looking good
        derek b and Babs

Comment

Yup looks nice. Hope you have fun with it.
          Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Amazing what can be done with a bit of clever thinking and a bit of diy. Looks the business!

Comment

I admire your skills,thats a very professional finish,good layout too.
              I look forward to meeting you and the worm on a meet/rally sometime1

Ian
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Looks great. Well done.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Brilliantly done

Comment

That's elegantly simple... And simply elegant!

Comment

That looks really good and very practical with a very functional layout.

My only tip would be to make some 'silver screen' type blinds for those glass roof panels or you're going to be in the equivalent of a rain shower due to condensation when used in chilly weather!

As someone with an interest in similar car/van adaptations, did you have any problems insuring it? Is it insured now as a car or campervan?

Comment

That's very classy - and inspiring. Hope you have great times in it!:so happy:

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments folks!

Karen, do you mean the silver ones that wrap around the outside? Yes, I do need to do that. I went away in September and had quite a bit of condensation in the morning. I'll probably adapt one of the windscreen ones. By the way, I got that Ring power pack you mentioned, which is great.

Re. insurance I just have normal car insurance. Nothing is fixed in the back, it all comes out of the back and I can reinstate the seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewman View Post
                            Thanks for the kind comments folks!

Karen, do you mean the silver ones that wrap around the outside? Yes, I do need to do that. I went away in September and had quite a bit of condensation in the morning. I'll probably adapt one of the windscreen ones. By the way, I got that Ring power pack you mentioned, which is great.

Re. insurance I just have normal car insurance. Nothing is fixed in the back, it all comes out of the back and I can reinstate the seats.
                            I use internal silver screens because I wild camp. It also means they stay relatively dry and clean making them easier to store. Having said that, I've only used them twice and just use the curtains in the Romahome instead.

Be careful re your car insurance. Some insurers wouldn't accept what you're doing on a car policy, even though it is all removable and 'temporary'. They have very fixed ideas re what is a car or campervan....

Glad you like the Ring powerpack!

Comment

Wow and WOW! Lovely conversion there!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X