As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone looking for a small MH?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone looking for a small MH?

Thought this was an interesting little motorhome - an oldie but perhaps a goodie?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-TA...E:B:SS:GB:1123

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    Thought this was an interesting little motorhome - an oldie but perhaps a goodie?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-TA...E:B:SS:GB:1123
    Had a Talbot Express van once-it had a quarter of a million miles on the clock when we sold it and was still going strong! they were definitely built to last!
    derek b and Babs

Comment

It certainly looks in good condition for its age, but unfortunately spares are becoming harder to come by. Remember the Talbot was only made for about 10 years. Thats the only thing that would put me off.
      Last edited by maddy; 09-12-2012, 21:20.

Comment

Also sold as Peugeot J5 and as a Citroen and so many parts are still available.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
          Also sold as Peugeot J5 and as a Citroen and so many parts are still available.

Peter
          And as the Fiat Ducato, spares are not a problem for these vans.
          Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Yes - I forgot (or at least I tried to forget) the Fiat Ducato.

These were the first of the "Sevel" vans a cooperation between PSA and Fiat.

Peter

Comment

Yes - I forgot (or at least I tried to forget) the Fiat Ducato.

These were the first of the "Sevel" vans a cooperation between PSA and Fiat.

Peter
              They were being built as Fiats, Pugs and Citroens for quite a long time before pug slapped the Talbot name on the van. It was an attempt to keep the Talbot name going after production of Talbot cars had ceased.

I believe the engines and drivetrain went on to be used in the new Fiat/PSA vans anyway for a time so mechanical components from later vans will fit.

Comment

The french only seemed to buy the pug and the citroen version, most Talbots came to the UK as it was a recognised name here. You never know what is behind the badge. We have had both a Skoda (1997) and a Seat (1990) where under the stickers the might VW badge lurked. Both vehicles appeared to be better put together than their VW cousins.

Renault built vans (many made in Dunstable) appear with Vauxhall. Opel and Nissan badges)

And of course the Corsa diesel has a Fiat diesel engine made in Poland. the PSA 1.6HDI is fitted in a whole range of other peoples vehicles.
                Peter

Comment

your comment is,as always,highly informative Peter.The garage where I get my Romahome serviced has said for years that almost all parts for commercial-based vehicles are universal,and the badge means very little, according to them,the main differences nowadays are in body work.
                  In almost 45 years of campervanning,I have never met the situation where a part was unobtainable, and some of my old bangers needed a lot of parts!
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

My old 6 berth motorhome was a Talbot base, pig to drive, no power steering, heavy clutch and gear selection very hit and miss. Wouldn't buy another. Very reliable, though!

Comment

The french only seemed to buy the pug and the citroen version, most Talbots came to the UK as it was a recognised name here. You never know what is behind the badge. We have had both a Skoda (1997) and a Seat (1990) where under the stickers the might VW badge lurked. Both vehicles appeared to be better put together than their VW cousins.

Renault built vans (many made in Dunstable) appear with Vauxhall. Opel and Nissan badges)

And of course the Corsa diesel has a Fiat diesel engine made in Poland. the PSA 1.6HDI is fitted in a whole range of other peoples vehicles.
                      Peter
                      Its common practise across the automotive industry and has been for many years.

Seat, Skoda, Audi and VW are all based on common VW platforms under the skin (with a couple of exceptions). Renault and Nissan share engines and some platforms and have an agreement with Vauxhall/Opel for commercial vehicles where as Vauxhall/Opel also use the Fiat punto platform to underpin the Corsa, the Agila is a rebadged Suzuki Splash and their new Combo van is really a Fiat Doblo! To name but a few.!

Its a minefield it really is

Comment

All of this is music to my ears as my MH is a Talbot Express [Avalon] J reg with 58000 on the clock. It drives well, is mechanically sound [so far!!] and only has a little rust appearing here and there. The bracket on the driver's side needs welding [not a big job] so I'm using the passenger door for access until after Christmas.

Does any one else have a Talbot?

Di.

Comment

Originally posted by di allen View Post
                          All of this is music to my ears as my MH is a Talbot Express [Avalon] J reg with 58000 on the clock. It drives well, is mechanically sound [so far!!] and only has a little rust appearing here and there. The bracket on the driver's side needs welding [not a big job] so I'm using the passenger door for access until after Christmas.

Does any one else have a Talbot?

Di.
                          Incidentally, were you parked up in the Tesco car park in Glossop 2 weekends ago?

Comment

No, not guilty m'lord. There are a couple of Talbots around the local area, maybe it was one of them. I have a SMH&F card front and back of my van.

Di.

Comment

Originally posted by di allen View Post
                              No, not guilty m'lord. There are a couple of Talbots around the local area, maybe it was one of them. I have a SMH&F card front and back of my van.

Di.
                              I shall keep an eye out We go in to Ashton every now and then.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X