As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDI (Autocruise Starlight) starting issues

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDI (Autocruise Starlight) starting issues

My father has an Autocruise camper van with a 2.2 HDI chassis. Recently he had a problem with starting where he advised that the van was not running very well and 1 day later after starting it up it grumbled a bit then died. A bit of a background, the camper van has barely been used in the last 7 months with only one brief outing and then the best part of 8 months prior to that. The last trip was down to the south coast and was a reasonable run. My father informed me that he did have a water warning light come on but this then switched off. The van also has an immobiliser and alarm but not sure whether these are contributing to the problem. The van cranks over but no hint of firing. Has anyone else experienced start up problems when the van has been barely used as this one. Comments would be appreciated.

Originally posted by ID32 View Post
    My father has an Autocruise camper van with a 2.2 HDI chassis. Recently he had a problem with starting where he advised that the van was not running very well and 1 day later after starting it up it grumbled a bit then died. A bit of a background, the camper van has barely been used in the last 7 months with only one brief outing and then the best part of 8 months prior to that. The last trip was down to the south coast and was a reasonable run. My father informed me that he did have a water warning light come on but this then switched off. The van also has an immobiliser and alarm but not sure whether these are contributing to the problem. The van cranks over but no hint of firing. Has anyone else experienced start up problems when the van has been barely used as this one. Comments would be appreciated.
    I think you should re post this in the ask Ant section.ant is the owner of Avon motor caravans and an acknowledged expert on this sort of thing.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hello ID32, welcome to the Forum! I'm not a mechanical wizard, but lots on here are. However as it's been standing around for so long, have you checked the battery voltage and terminals? Although you say it's turning over, if it's not 100% in this cold weather that could be the problem. The alarm does drain the battery, albeit slowly, and with such little use it might not have been replaced.
      .......... Sid

Comment

Hi we have only recently bought a Autocruise Alto on a Peugeot Boxer base vehicle, I do know that if it has a Cat converter it needs to be ran ever so often to clean the filters. Maybe putting it on charge and taking it for a good run at top speed might be just what it needs !! Of course being a women and not at all mechanically savvy that is only a tip !! but I dont think letting any vehicle stand for 7 months can be good for it! and they do say that running it for five or ten minuets while it is standing doesn't help it at all. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X