As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romahaome number plate clearly visible on Google Streetview

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahaome number plate clearly visible on Google Streetview

Son-in-law popped over last night and as part of his job he'd needed to investigate something in my area. Whilst on Google Maps he tried Streetview for my house and to his surprise there was my Romahome R20 parked on my drive with numberplate unblurred and completely readable.

If this sort of thing concerns you then it might be worth checking your house or places where your campervan/motorhome is regularly parked. All the other vehicles in the street had blurred number plates so I wonder if the square format rear plates such as on the back of the R20 are less likely to be picked up by Google's automatic blurring software.

I shall contact Google and request blurring (actually it doesn't worry me too much) - perhaps I can ask them for a Nexus by way of compensation for all the stress and worry it has caused me

It's strange how their system makes mistake. In Fleet there is a phone box with a large advert for KFC on the side. On street view it has Colonel Sanders face pixelated out so as not to infringe his privacy rights!

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Comment

T1

That happened to us,it was clearly seen in the drive. I wrote to Google and exxplained everything to them and within 24 hours it was covered. They did not reply but just did the job. I was really pleased.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X