As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drive away awnings

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive away awnings

Hi all.

This is our first year of owning a small motor home, We have a Mizan which is great fun for just the two of us, I have been looking around for a drive away awning.

During site visits I assessed other units with awnings and read threads in this forum and concluded as I have never owned or erected a tent before I needed a simple setup. The Mizan and Roma homes have a rear door which makes connecting an awning interesting. The Mezan has a diesel heater with the exhaust tailpipe close to the door. We didn't want a awning with a lot of pole threading or IKEA type self builds or dubious instructions in adverse weather to spoil our trips or relationship.

We attended the NEC show in October and watched a completely innovative designed awning which pulls from its carrying bag 13 kg with all poles attached, you simply remove the awning from the bag unfold the legs open the roof ,lock legs into place move the awning to your motorhome and connect the tunnel to your motorhome. Zero tensioning needed the rear tunnel has its own system for tensioning.

I bought one and its being delivered Tuesday, its a Quest Elite Instant high dome awning, not cheap at 280 pounds and as an engineer I appreciated the design

I wonder how many readers also bought one as there was queue to sign up for one.

Our next trip is Easter and I will give feedback to forum.

Keith & Christine, Aylesbury.

T1

sounds very interesting ,would love to hear how you get on with it,

Comment

Hello and welcome to the SM Forum!

The awning sounds lovely, although I can't seem to find it on their web site (although I'm impressed with their ranges!) - perhaps the latest and not yet on there?

It sounds like a great design and not bad at that price either, especially if it goes up practically by itself! Can't wait to see it!

Comment

I think I saw this one being demonstrated at the Manchester show. It went up in a very similar way to the Coleman Instant tent. (See pitching videos of that on U Tube)

Will be interested to hear how you get on with it.

Comment

Quest Elite Instant drive away awnings for Mizan/Romahome

Hi all,

In reply to inquires about this awning I have scanned and attached the flyer for the awning as it is not shown on the current website at camping international.

Keith & Christine Westbury
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks nice! Will you be using it on the side of your van, or the back?

I know you mentioned that the exhaust is in the way. On my demountable, it actually had a bend and exited from the side! You might be able to site it on the back, slightly offset to miss the exhaust... which you would only be using if you had to start the engine for heating. Otherwise you will only be starting the engine to drive away from the awning.

Comment

Quest elite instant motorhome awning video

Hi all again,

The awning arrived today.

If you wish to see the video for fitting go to http://www.questleisure.com/index.ph...stantmotorhome

Keith & Christine

The forum seems to alter the address I wish to enter.
              follow this typing www.questleisure.com foward slash index.php foward slash videos foward slash instantmotorhome
              Last edited by thehood3515; 05-02-2013, 14:46. Reason: the url is altered

Comment

Originally posted by thehood3515 View Post
                Hi all again,

The awning arrived today.

If you wish to see the video for fitting go to http://www.questleisure.com/index.ph...stantmotorhome

Keith & Christine

The forum seems to alter the address I wish to enter.
                follow this typing www.questleisure.com foward slash index.php foward slash videos foward slash instantmotorhome
                Hi both - just wondered how the awning is shaping up? I'm looking at the various types and the one you've chosen is high on my list - if you can let me know what you think I may well get the same...
                Many thanks & cheers

Comment

drive away awning

The awning is great, even in a strong wind, check out the pictures of the Mezan and awning in my pictures section further down the forum over Easter week in Wales.

Keith & Christine

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X