As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone fitted a flat screen television in roof of converted berlingo or similar

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone fitted a flat screen television in roof of converted berlingo or similar

Hi

I haven't been on the site for a while, but I would like to have a television fitted on the roof of my converted Berlingo. I would probably need a Sky box because I go to Scotland etc a lot and there is no reception there.
    I don't know much about Sky etc so any information would be appreciated.

Dizzydi

There are numerous roofmounted TV's with flip down screens that you can buy, running on 12v's. As for sky you would need a mobile satellite dish and a suitable receiver box, have a look here
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

re flip down tv screen

Thanks Huff for the information I suppose I would only need a Sky box if receptions bad where I go.

Dizzydi

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzydi View Post
        Thanks Huff for the information I suppose I would only need a Sky box if receptions bad where I go.

Dizzydi
        Yes, although you will still need a freeview box to pick up normal telly unless the TV unit you buy has freeview built in. I think I am right in saying that analogue telly has been switched off completely now.

Of course the cheap option is just to get a portable DVD player if you are not fussed about live telly and just want a bit of entertainment.
        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Television fitted in roof

Hi again

I only like to watch ordinary TV soaps etc so would need freeview. Thanks very much for your help.

Dizzydi

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzydi View Post
            Hi again

I only like to watch ordinary TV soaps etc so would need freeview. Thanks very much for your help.

Dizzydi
            Surely then FREESAT is the way to go. Set up is just like Skye, but as the name implies it is free. Certainly if Skye is receivable then freesat is too. I know that I am receiving freesat programmes with my old Skye dish without retuning. It is possible to receive freesat programmes on an unregistered Skyebox, but a lot of channels which cannot be watched show up too.
            I have Freeview also, in my Kitchen. There are not as many channels as on freesat. The number of freeview channels available varies enormously depending on accessible aerials in the vicinity anyway.
            Of course while TVs with freeview built in are readily available. Freesat reception does need a freesat box.
            As far as I am aware freesat signals are available just about everywhere.
            Jim.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X