Announcement

Collapse

Keep it friendly folks

We are noticing an increased amount of posts that are in danger of generating a “flame fest” that is an argument between two or more members.

Please can we all be respectful to each other and stop making nasty comments and jibes, any posts that admin and moderators consider to be inflammatory will be deleted without warning or comment.
See more
See less

Sun Canopy/Awning

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Canopy/Awning

Hi All
    I have a Ranger Demountable camper which is brilliant serving two purposes for the price of one, or rather the costs of one.
    The camper is accessed from the rear door and I am searching the Internet for some retractable canopy or awning. I am not being successful in my search and am wondering if there is anyone out there with suggestions, as they would be most welcomed.
    Thanks

John

You need a drive-away awning as these come with a tunnel bit which fits over the back of a demountable and the actual awning stands a bit away from the door... you need to position it so that it's a bit to one side, so the door doesn't catch. A lot of people here (including me) have a movelite awning, but there are others. Have a look through the threads on awnings for more info and photos.

awning resized.jpg

Here's a pic of mine on the back of my caravan, which also has a back door, as did my demountable romahome. (it was pretending to be a gazebo as it was a nice day!!)

Here's link to a few more awnings:
    http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...Awnings-again!
    Last edited by jayjay; 19-05-2013, 11:03.

Comment

We have used a thin plastic tarpaulin for a sun canopy for a number of years but I am now looking for something a little more sophisticated.

I have fitted an awning rail to the side of our Romahome. I have a set of poles (from our Heath Robinson awning). I have bought some awning tape and I am now looking for some tent flysheet material.

We did consider fitting a Fiamma type awning but after taking advice from Ant we decided not to.

Peter

Comment

Is the door on the side of your Roma, Peter? I just wondered if you minded walking around the side to the awning, if that is the case?

I could also put an awning on the side of my caravan as well as at the back, but it makes more sense (to me) to put the awning at the back, so that you can walk straight into it from the door.

Comment

Worth also looking at porches/awnings designed as a tent accessory. I've posted elsewhere about a Gelert awning I picked up for £50 that fits perfectly on the back of my Berlingo. Something like that might work...

Comment

Our Romahome has the door on the back as standard and we use our drive away awning here but often when in France we want to sit at the side of the camper in the shade - hence the sun canopy.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
              Our Romahome has the door on the back as standard and we use our drive away awning here but often when in France we want to sit at the side of the camper in the shade - hence the sun canopy.

Peter
              Of course that explains it!
              Don't get enough of that stuff they call 'sunshine' around here in the UK! That's why my awning goes on the back, I usually need it to keep out the draughts and the cold....

That's why I actually have taken a pic of it being a gazebo above - worth taking a photo as it doesn't happen very often, just twice last year.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X