This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bongo Bash 2010

The Bongo event of the year is upon us once again!! Wednesday 16th June sees the Annual Big Bongo Bash at Lickhill Manor Stourport on Severn.I look forward to this every year its a special few days if you are a Bongo owner,a chance to meet up with old freinds and meet new ones for a few days all with a common interest.........Bongos!!

The event is on from Wednesday till Sunday (Monday is optional if needed) its organised by Ian (The Bongomaster) who started the Owners Club @ 6 years ago.... even Ian never thought that it would ever reach the 10,000 member which it did a few weeks ago.Of that massive membership some 250 ish will be on site at Lickhill Manor.......really looking forwards to it again this will be my 4th Big Bash its the Bongo must do!!

Dabs

Enjoy, Dabs!

You sound really excited! You'll be able to show off all that hard work/revamp you did on your Bongo earlier this year as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Dabs View Post
      The Bongo event of the year is upon us once again!! Wednesday 16th June sees the Annual Big Bongo Bash at Lickhill Manor Stourport on Severn.I look forward to this every year its a special few days if you are a Bongo owner,a chance to meet up with old freinds and meet new ones for a few days all with a common interest.........Bongos!!

The event is on from Wednesday till Sunday (Monday is optional if needed) its organised by Ian (The Bongomaster) who started the Owners Club @ 6 years ago.... even Ian never thought that it would ever reach the 10,000 member which it did a few weeks ago.Of that massive membership some 250 ish will be on site at Lickhill Manor.......really looking forwards to it again this will be my 4th Big Bash its the Bongo must do!!

Dabs
      10`000 members,WOW, that makes it one of the biggest clubs in the UK including most football clubs.SO, where are all the bongos? I see an odd one now and again but not Thousands, so how many are there in the UK?
      The Roma AGM had 250-ish members, but there are not 10000 members, yet I see many more Romas than Bongos?
      Have a lovely time at your meet, but I am very puzzled.
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I possibly mislead a bit in the way I put this over,Bongo Fury has just reached its 10,000 member since starting @6 yrs ago,this doesnt mean that there are 10,000 paying members currently....the figure of 10,000 is an actual registration number I would imagine that more than half of that figure are no longer members I think a more realistic figure for current members is round about 3,500 to 4,000.Hope that clears it up a bit,its still a big club make no doubt on that.

You have to remember Ian that Bongos are shy retiring beasts but once you get a few together things can get .....well a bit rowdy no as with most clubs people come and people go all sorts of reasons come into play most people move onto something bigger you have to remember a Bongo/Freda is a people carrier MPV in Japan its only us enterprisng Brits that have realised the potential to create a campervan from them,its shape lends itself perfectly to this having a flat vertical rear end.The plus point is that they can be used as everyday transport as mine is as well as touring and camping.......its a great all rounder and meets many owners requirements perfectly.

At some stage Id like to move on to something more "purpose built" for now Im happy and enjoying what it brings to me starting with The Big Bash on wednesday

Dabs

Comment

Now admittedly I'm not very good at telling the difference between proper Bongos, other Japanese conversions, and imports that have not been converted, but over the last couple of months I've noticed quite a few that fitted into one of those categories.

Particularly at the Hay Festival a couple of weeks ago, and they were definitely campervans.
          Neil

Comment

Just managed to get a decent dongle signal to answer this thread, I hope you are having a great time Dabs, having seen your Bongo I would bet that of all the Bongos there yours will be one of the nicest, you've done a brilliant job on it.

Enjoy yourself.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Have a lovely time Dabs. We have lots of friends in that area so Lickhill is one of my regular sites. The walk along the river to Stourport is lovely. The new canal basin there has been built and it is nice to sit and watch the boats on canal and river. Lovely area to visit.

Comment

Thanks
                Just about managed to get my breath back after the Bash.....gee its tiring!! Had a good time as usual met up with some familiar faces and some new ones,quite a few people looking round the Bongos for inspiration to go ahead and purchase one its amazing the interest they generate.Spotted a Romahome on site too (think it was a duo) getting good at spotting these days!!
                Lickhill Manor is a good site but a big gathering like 250 plus Bongos plus occupants tends to stretch the shower/toilet facilities to the limit! Nice walks from site though which were enjoyed by everyone.
                Finale to the Bash was the release of over 100 Chinese Lanterns in remembrance to one of our good bongo freinds who sadly passed away suddenly a short while ago RIP Dot.
                Anyway a few pics

Comment

Wide angle pic of Lickhill Manor
                  http://www.technoturkey.com/content/...6/stitched.jpg

Not mine but a good pic

Dabs

Comment

Originally posted by Dabs View Post

At some stage Id like to move on to something more "purpose built" for now Im happy and enjoying what it brings to me starting with The Big Bash on wednesday

Dabs
                    I didn't know Jags were more 'purpose built' Dabs?

Get a Hiace
                    nice mota

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X