Waste water tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste water tap

Tried putting water in the sink to test the water out pipe. Only to realise that there is an on water waste container. Looked for the tap to empty the water. There only seems to be one tap on the autosleeper. That keeps going round and round. Is this normal? Has the amount of water got to be a certain level first before it flows out. We are still green around the ears when it comes to understanding how all things work on the Mezan. An on line start up video of how it all works on the Mezan would be great. We are going away in it on Saturday and havnt a clue as to weather we will get it all sorted by then. We havnt tried the fridge only the lights and the heating and the gaz hob. I know we sound like numpties but that' all adds to the fun of it doesn't it?

Mine's not a Mezan but ... to open my valve I just pull on it. It's an in-out gate valve. If yours is obviously a T shaped turn handle that wants a 90 degree turn to operate, try pouring some very hot water over it, there might be something gunky bunging it up. Such valves have lugs that limit their rotation, it might seem daft... but have you tried turning it both ways? If push really does come to shove, then consider dismantling the pipework and the valve connection, getting the thing on the bench and giving it a good seeing-to.

Can you attach a photo?
    Last edited by mikeroch; 30-07-2020, 18:42.

Comment

Comment

Tap just goes all the way round

Comment

Is this video any use - there are more on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg22IgY72QA
          Or just pull the darned tap right off and use a bucket. ​​​​​​​

Comment

Comment

Same as ours but no water coming out

Comment

We have used about 20 litres of water before draining it,our tap was broke fitted a new one, you could remove tap see if it’s blocked quite easy to do

Comment

If you hold the pipe behind bumper the tap just unscrews
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is that a new pipe above ?

Comment

That’s the tap which screws into the pipe which is behind the bumper

Comment

Anita52 Your tap looks similar to those used in homebrew pressure barrels. They are meant to be turned to 90 degrees, left being "on/open" and to the right for "off/closed/shut".
                        Too old to know everything!

Comment

If we unscrewed it and took it off. Would it make any diffrence though.? I thought of cleaning it and putting it back on or as someone suggested taking
                          ​​​it off all together not sure really. If that would be ok to do would I have to cap it somehow so that creapies don't crawl up into the waste tank?

Comment

Sounds like the tap needs a new one as it shouldn't rotate all the way around, but it could just be mucky and need cleaning. Hmmmm. Take it off and see if the water comes out. If it doesn't a piece of curtain wire might clear a blockage. Is the water draining out of the sink ok? Perhaps try cleaning the tap and putting it back on again first.

If you take it off altogether, you will have to use a bucket for waste water as the tank will be continually draining I think. And just empty the bucket at the waste water outlet on a site.

Don't worry bout crawlies getting in. If they make it to the water tank, they will wash out or drown in grey water! Put the plug in the sink at night?

Comment

I had a broken waste tap on my van
                              beware i unscrewed mine only to find the nut on the back of the tap was not fixed, so it ended up in the tank could not fix new tap without
                              Dropping the whole tank so i could get my arm in the inspection lid to refit the nut which is on top up against the van floor took me 4 hours

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X