Canopy yet to be fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canopy yet to be fitted

After weeks of debate we have finally ordered a canopy and side screen for my Mezan hope it fits. On holiday for five weeks so a long time before I get chance to fit it. Here is a picture of one on a Vw camper van 4CCE26D8-88DF-4938-8C1B-6EF3207BDE49.jpeg

An interesting idea. Please post a photo of how you manage to fit it to your Mezan.

I can see, if you are successful, it could provide useful shade for you. Do you plan to fasten it to the BACK of your Mezan, like an awning, or perhaps put a rail onto the side of your Mezan (if possible) to attach the canopy to? Or maybe have it free-standing next to the campervan?

We had a wind-out Fiamma canopy permanently fixed to the side of our R25 when the van was made (we no longer have that van) but were careful to put the canopy away if windy / stormy weather was expected, as the support struts for such canopies can easily be damaged.
    Last edited by NomadSue; 13-08-2020, 21:33.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

It’s going to go on a track which will be stuck to the side of the van. But the canopy will be removed and stored in the van when not in use.
      Attached Files

Comment

I look forward to seeing this. Very enterprising of you!

Comment

Finally got the rail on the Mezan and a quick test of the awning and one of the sides to see what it looks like. Did not secure anything as it was a quick test whilst the rail was still setting.
          Attached Files

Comment

It does look good. You have done well! It will be good as a shelter from the sun (as an when we have some) or rain. Have you used an awning on the side, before? I'm sure you are aware of the need to take it down if stormy conditions are expected, as the supports can easily get damaged.

Remind me - do you plan to erect an awning behind the mezan when camping, as well,or will it just be the awning on the side?

Comment

Just the one awning to the side we have two ends panels for It and will use a wind breaker at the front. Never had a motorhome before so will take I down in high winds. It only took minutes to put up.

Comment

It will make a lovely indoors / outdoors room for you. Enjoy.

Comment

Can I ask how you fitted the awning rail? Is it glued or screwed on ? I’m interested in putting an awning on the side of my Mezan

Comment

I bought an awning rail one peice aluminium and used five stainless steel screws through just the outside skin of van. Used stikaflex 512 to bond it to the van. Used the top of the window frame as being level and fitted it at two metres. Very easy to fit as long as there are two of you. We are ou5 in the Mezan at the moment and the extra space is great. It is quick and easy to fit and take down and is also waterproof.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Fitting the rail is straightforward enough. I just used enough screws to hold the rail tight against the van while the bond set. Worth doing a dry fit first. 20200915_090543_copy_792x507.jpg
                      Never more than a bicycle ride away from being in a good mood.

Comment

Thanks for the info, looks really good & very useful 😊

Comment

Having an awning on the side will prove very useful. Sadly, many / most campsites expect this arrangement, and struggle to accept that a small campervan like a mezan or R20, would need a pitch 24 feet long to accommodate the awning on the back.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X