Where can i buy rear assister springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can i buy rear assister springs

This subject has been raised before but some time ago. Can anyone help with this please? Corroded spring came up on an MOT test . Where can i purchase quality springs and how easy is it to fit them [not me ... my local garage ]

https://towbex.co.uk/mad-springs here I think

Comment

4 yrs ago i had them fitted on my nu-venture surf the garage charged me
      £80

Comment

https://mad-suspension.co.uk/camper-...nd-motorhomes/

Comment

As Karen says or you can fist the Grayston ones, a similar product a t a similar price.

Romahome fitted Grayston to C15s and MAD to Berlingos.

Graystons web site goes under the name of springassisters

Peter

Comment

Purely as a matter of interest, does the Mezan have a different rear axle set up to a 2000 Duo?
            Reason I ask is that I payed an absolute bomb for the assister springs from Grayston for my Duo so I can only guess that Hobo's £80 was for rubber inserts?

Comment

zaskar sorry if i mislead you the £80 was fitting only the springs from memory were about £285 +vat

Comment

£285 sounds steep. I paid £135 for my Romahome on 2005 Berlingo base, now £158.30 from Ekollon.

Comment

We paid something about £250 (inc VAT) three years ago for a pair for our 2011 Berlingo R20.

We actually got them from Romahome (or rather North Star) and had them fitted locally as they were required for the MOT.
                  Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post
                    We paid something about £250 (inc VAT) three years ago for a pair for our 2011 Berlingo R20.

We actually got them from Romahome (or rather North Star) and had them fitted locally as they were required for the MOT.
                    That interesting - my Mezan passed the MOT despite spring issues

Comment

It is the same rear axkle as it is the same base Berlingo.

The springs are an easy DIY fit as long as you can support the camper safely when the wheels are off.
                      DO NOT RELY ON THE VEHICLE JACK.
                      About 30 minutes per side but I have done it on a few occassions.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbis View Post
                        That interesting - my Mezan passed the MOT despite spring issues
                        Mine also passed with a broken spring. I was told these were additional springs, not part of the original suspension so not covered by the MOT. I've seen some RHs without the assister springs fitted. I replaced them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                          It is the same rear axkle as it is the same base Berlingo.

The springs are an easy DIY fit as long as you can support the camper safely when the wheels are off.
                          DO NOT RELY ON THE VEHICLE JACK.
                          About 30 minutes per side but I have done it on a few occassions.

Peter
                          Where did you buy from?

Comment

When we had a C15 we got them from Grayston, our Berlingo ones came from the MAD suppliers

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X