Mezan fresh water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mezan fresh water tank

Hi, probably a silly question. We've just got our Mezan, just interested in finding out the best way to fill the fresh water tank when on site.... All advice appreciated. 😀

The biggest watering can you can comfortably carry once full. I don't bother with our onboard tank, I use several one litre tonic water bottles. Our kettle is a litre so pour the whole lot in. Others use the 5 litre bottles available at supermarkets.

If you go the watering can route, make sure you get one that slips through your hand nicely.
    Too old to know everything!

Comment

we have a ten litre container for drinking water and just use the tank for washing and washing up water so we fill ours from that

Comment

I use a Fiamma 23l roll tank like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fiamma-Litr...s%2C168&sr=8-2

And a whale pump like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=whale+s..._ts-doa-p_1_14

This works well for me as I use a lot of water (for showering in the van for example) and I tend to stay on site a few days at a time without moving the van. It saves traipsing backwards and forwards with a small container or moving the van to the motorhome filling point. If you go down this route, you'll need another roll tank or similar to get rid of the waste water. The pump is simple enough to fit and makes the job of filling easy. The containers are bulky, but light and easy to carry in suitable bags on one of the back seats. You put them outside as soon as you arrive on site as part of your setting up routine.

Comment

We carry this 5L container in our gas bottle locker, it has a a spout that lives inside. we carry it full as an emmergency supply

peter

Comment

C15 Romahome.

I carry a 5 litre green plastic petrol container (labelled as 'freshwater only') and then use that to fill my 24 litre onboard fresh water tank on site. I also leave it full when using the van, as an emergency 5 litres. When not in use it stores in one of the onboard lockers.

I fill the water tank from inboard with its big lid off, under the seat. Just cos I do, really. I could fill from outside, but I never bother. Don't know why!

Panda

It ain't always the cowboy that rides away......

Comment

Originally posted by kyran View Post
              we have a ten litre container for drinking water and just use the tank for washing and washing up water so we fill ours from that
              This is wise advice. If you do decide to use the water in the tank for drinking, you really do need to sterilise the tank & pipes thoroughly first, then flushing clean water through to remove any lingering taste.

We just use a fairly small, rigid, water container, too, boiling water or recycling water from the hot water bottle, for washing! This proves perfectly adequate.
              Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies. It's certainly given me something to think about...

Comment

I should add that, when I first started using a campervan, I did use the water tank on my new conversion Hylo (2011), filling it up from inside the van as I found it easier to see when it was getting full. I also carried a couple of 2L bottles of fresh water from home, as i figured it would reduce possible tummy upsets caused by drinking 'strange' water. You might argue that was a lot of extra weight to carry but most of the time I went as a single camper.

We do not use the water tank in the Mezan at all, nor do we use the sink and therefore waste water tank. We always camp at campsites, rather than wildcamp, and use the dishwashing facilities etc onsite (when open!) If we happen to be pitched near a hedge, the bushes often get a bit of extra watering! Otherwise waste water gets poured down the drain at the specified points at a campsite.
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Get in the habit of driving to the fill up point and filling it with a hose on your way in to a site before you get pitched. Or do what I do - fill up on the way out of the previous site.

Comment

Hi
                      we fill up our water tank on site with a small length of hose and a brass tap connector on the end. I always fill at home with an aqua water tablet at the beginning of the season and empty after 30 mins, this will get rid of any nasties, although harmless it tastes, so emptying and then just popping enough water in for your traveling drinks etc and fill up on site

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X