As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mezan autosleeper

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mezan autosleeper

Hi, I could do with some advice about how to secure a car seat (not in the front) of a Mezan autosleeper, my grand daughter is 2 and still needs to be in a seat, but I wondered if there was a strong and safe place to fit anchorages for the seat in the Mezan?
    Thanks
    Sue

Hi & welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with the layout of the mezan but having looked one up on autotrader, it seems the rear seats are side facing? If so, I doubt you could get a seatbelt fitted but you could try http://www.seatbeltservice.co.uk. We contacted them regarding fitting belts in the rear of one of our motorhomes and they were very helpful. I can't comment on their work though, we didn't progress with the plans and sold the motorhome.

I would also check the v5 and your insurance to ensure you can carry more than 2 people.

Hopefully someone else will offer you more help.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Mezan seat belts

Hi, thanks for posting so promptly, thats excellent service! The Mezan is like the RomaHome, and yes,the seats are side facing, I wondered if it would be possible to place the car seat in the space between the two banquettes on the floor and fix anchorages to the underseat floor space, just wondered if any other person has needed to do this,
      Thanks for the link, I shall have a look.
      Kind regards
      Sue

Comment

How would this fit with your insurance?

You could always sell it and buy a Romahome with the Pullman seats, they have seat belts.

Peter

Comment

I want to fit a TV antenna to the Mezan roof , there is an ideal spot which looks made for the job , my problem is the cable and how to route it , behind and beneath the control panel
          there is another wooden panel which has the TV antenna gubbins behind splitter etc , all cables except one can be traced to the various sockets , the one I cannot trace seems to disappear towards the roof , would I be lucky enough to find this in the roof space under the place ideal for the antenna mount ?. I don't want to start drilling a hole on the off chance of finding it , if not is there sufficient gap between the roof and roof lining to route a cable without hitting cross members or such.

I am desperately in need of advice and would welcome any please.
          Bob

Sorry I appear to have hijacked another thread Admin please move.
          Last edited by talos; 23-08-2019, 10:52.

Comment

talos, your post may well get lost on this thread as it isn't pertinent to the original enquiry.

I suggest you re-do it under your own new topic and you might get speedier replies

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
              talos, your post may well get lost on this thread as it isn't pertinent to the original enquiry.

I suggest you re-do it under your own new topic and you might get speedier replies
              Done Thank you.

Comment

A Romahome Pullman might not help. There are no ISO points in the rear for a child seat, one belt is a lap-belt only, and the head rest means a car seat attached to the other normal 3 point seatbelt doesn't quite fit. The head-rest can be removed but it's a removal of screws IIRC so a pain if it is something done regularly

We carry our 3 year old grand daughter in the front in a child seat anchored to the front passenger seatbelt and one of us (usually Liz) sits in the back, using the rear seat belt. Not ideal but the best we've come up with and we don't do it too often.

Comment

Has anyone noticed this is a 7 year old thread that appears to have been resurrected
                  Jon
                  Fast becoming a GOG (Grumpy Old Git:joker:)

Comment

Originally posted by kernowjon View Post
                    Has anyone noticed this is a 7 year old thread that appears to have been resurrected
                    Jon
                    Yes, SandraM has suggested the member start a new thread and they have ​​​​​​​

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X